Author Topic: hotkeys not working  (Read 10542 times)

avantuser1114

• View Profile
hotkeys not working
« on: March 26, 2013, 07:15:27 »
I tried assigning the following hotkeys alt+;, alt+', alt+., alt+/ but after MC restart they didn't work anymore...I'm using Commander Style but I think this also persist even if you're using WE Style..other thing is maybe this only happens if you assign them to commands that have default hotkeys..I assigned alt+. for 'show properties' command which doesn't have default hotkey and it worked even after restart of MC..when I assigned it to other command that has default key there it failed..not sure though if this really is the case..

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: hotkeys not working
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 07:41:33 »
I'm able to assign  "Alt + .  (dot)" to Show Properties and it works after restart too.

type ":goconfig" and makesure that the file CustomKeymappings.xml gets updated when you save you keymapping.

avantuser1114

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 07:53:33 »
if they aren't being updated, can I just type my hotkeys?I'm not sure though what 'extid' and 'ctrl' means, 'cmd' seems to be command, 'udc' is user defined command, 'key' is key, 'keymod' is whether 'Control'(C), 'Alt'(A), 'Shift'(S) is/are pressed. What does 'OEM2' means?It's a value of 'key'..

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 07:57:14 »
Make sure the file is writable.

OEM2, and so on is windows internal name for some keys..

avantuser1114

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 08:02:21 »
The keys that are written in the customkeymappings.xml after restart are not ";" and "'" but "OEM1" and "OEM7"...they were changed!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 08:04:19 by avantuser1114 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 08:07:57 »
They are called OEM keys because they are extended key from the keyboard standard layout.

avantuser1114

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 08:13:17 »
so there's no way to make them work?because they don't work...I've assigned Alt+L for delete, and I want Alt+; for copy and Alt+' for move. These are all file operations functions and I want their hotkeys to be near each other..not mentioning that they are near to the four arrow keys that I use for navigations..

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 09:48:18 »
Don't know. some keys can't be overwritten.. most can