Author Topic: What Features/Changes do you want in the next couple of versions (2013/2014)  (Read 18630 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
I have a long list of features and change that I want to do. But we all have different needs and we all use Multi Commander in different situations and ways. So to be able to better plan what features/changes to do in next couple of versions, I would like to hear from YOU on what features/changes you would like to have.

• What will improve the experience to you ?
  • New features you would like to have ?
  • Existing feature you would like to be change ?
  • Existing feature should be Improved/reworked/changed ?
         What need to be changed?, How should it work instead? ...
  • Other changes ?

Replay and post you suggestions today before it is too late. Or the features/changes you want might not be included.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 17:01:24 by Mathias (Author) »

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
At least the following.

1. Search inside archives (including content search).

2. GUI settings for rule-coloring.

3. Some kind of status line for the current file in list mode. It might be shown when no items are selected, otherwise standart selected stat would be shown. Although i would like both of them to be shown but i don't see a way now. As there's only one file may be focused, maybe current file info might be shown in the main status bar (optionally), but i'm not sure it would look good.

exosceleton

• View Profile
The  most obvious/ugly issue for me is the customization of the size of the button bar, apart from manually editing multibuttons.xml.

I was not up to date, sorry.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 14:11:50 by exosceleton »

ice-man

• The Little Extra
    • View Profile
The  most obvious/ugly issue for me is the customization of the size of the button bar, apart from manually editing multibuttons.xml.
Edit manually ? Why ? There is a setting for it
Intel i7-6700K - Running on latest Windows 10 64bit Insider Preview

exosceleton

• View Profile
You are absolutely right, i'm very sorry.

I was working on old info:
http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,722.0.html
i must have missed it in the changlog.

Thanks!

ice-man

• The Little Extra
    • View Profile
No one wants anything for the next version ? ? ? ? ?
Then maybe my request will be added then.. :)

This is want I would like to see in the coming versions

* Rearrange and remove  items in the copy/move queue
  * Able to select files into different Groups. or flag files/folders.
So if I have many many files and I need to do different things with them I can go over them and give them different flags or put them in different selections groups. I should then be able to say copy files from selection group X (or items with flag x) to folder X. and then after that while that is copying I can start a new/or queue items from selection Group Y to be copied to folder Y and so on..

* Show files as thumbnail with detailed info. Like detailed view mode but instead of an icon show a thumbnail and have the other columns to the right of the thumbnail stacked from top to bottom.. so after the image there are X rows (depending on columns shows) with the file info.

*  Add touch/gesture support. pinch to zoom for Text and Picture Viewer.. and other gestures..

I can think of more I would like to have.  But I will let other ppl fill up the list so not just my requests are added. :)

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
*  Add touch/gesture support.
If it is planned, please implement it as external module and/or let a user disable it.

If it's not too late, i would like to add 2 requests.

1. Use custom icons for internal file associations. E.g. if default OS app for *.pdf files is Adobe Acrobat Reader, but MC's assigned app is PDF-XChange Viewer, so PDF-XChange Viewer's (or user defined) icon should be shown in the file list for *.pdf files.

2. Ability to set default file type for pasting from clipboard. E.g. i often paste img files and would like to save them in PNG format. Maybe "use by default" checkbox or just setting in config file.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Some more suggestions.

1. Apply 'Auto resort files after manual renaming' also to folders.

2. If i create folder la-la;bla-bla, two folders are created. But i want single folder with ; char as a part of the name. So i suggest creating multiple folders when name is CSV-string. E.g. "folder1","folder2".

3. In paste from clipboard dialog when i change file type, focus is moved to the filename field. It is inconvenient when navigating via keyboard because i need to switch to filetype combo again.

ice-man

• The Little Extra
    • View Profile
2. If i create folder la-la;bla-bla, two folders are created. But i want single folder with ; char as a part of the name. So i suggest creating multiple folders when name is CSV-string. E.g. "folder1","folder2".

; is used as a separator when entering multiple folders and is fast way. Having do "xx","sss" is to much typing.
But how about an sticky option in the dialog that say something like
"Use ; as separator for multiple folders" so if you uncheck this you will be able to use ; in the name. (And it will remember the settings for next time.. )
(Or maybe a dropdown where you can select what separator character you want to use ? )

ice-man

• The Little Extra
    • View Profile
3. In paste from clipboard dialog when i change file type, focus is moved to the filename field. It is inconvenient when navigating via keyboard because i need to switch to filetype combo again.
Yes this can be a bit annoying.. 
But there is a workaround for it until it is fixed.. (if he fixes it.)
Use F4 instead of using arrow up/down to select paste format. When the focus is in the dropdown field you can press F4 and the dropdown list is then shown. You can then go up/down and press enter on the one you want without focus being lost.

Serg

• View Profile
Great program!
Please implement: New files are highlighted in color.

ice-man

• The Little Extra
    • View Profile
Great program!
Please implement: New files are highlighted in color.

I think you can do it already with the Rulebased file coloring. Set a rule to show files with a create time that are less then X minutes old to show as color Y.

But the rule based file coloring will be easier to use when a UI for it is added.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 08:17:33 by ice-man »

Serg

• View Profile

I think you can do it already with the Rulebased file coloring. Set a rule to show files with a create time that are less then X minutes old to show as color Y.

But the rule based file coloring will be easier to use when a UI for it is added.

I can do this with a script and assign a button. I would like to automatically select the color.