Author Topic: 2 Dialog changes  (Read 9196 times)

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
2 Dialog changes
« on: July 06, 2013, 18:15:53 »
I have a couple of requests, (don't know if they are already planned) :-
  • when copying/moving files - if a source file matches a file at the destination, any differences are shown in high-lighted text on the dialog.  This could be a different color or bold type etc.   (eg - in area high-lighted on attached image).
  • When running a search, I'd the like to be able to edit/clear the old search history list - i.e. the drop-down in the 'look for' field

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: 2 Dialog changes
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 18:41:32 »
I have a couple of requests, (don't know if they are already planned) :-
  • when copying/moving files - if a source file matches a file at the destination, any differences are shown in high-lighted text on the dialog.  This could be a different color or bold type etc.   (eg - in area high-lighted on attached image).
Yes, the "conflict"-dialog is something that is planed to redesign. However it is not easy to redo without making it messy.
MS had a blog post about the design of the conflict dialog for Windows Explorer for Windows 8. It can easy get very complicated and messy. :)

• When running a search, I'd the like to be able to edit/clear the old search history list - i.e. the drop-down in the 'look for' field
Menu > Help > Clear User Data
Then check "Logs, History and session information" and it will remove it.
But also lots of other history info is removed.

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Dialog changes
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 14:19:26 »
Thanks Mathias.
Yes MS copy dialogs aren't very aesthetic nor do they hi-lite things as I would like.  I think a lot of my preferences would need to override native explorer behaviour which may be beyond the scope of your prog/available time. 
I guess it would require a lot of coding to fully hook MC into the OS to eliminate the everlasting poor Win Explorer features & clutter. 
Its now W8 & MS still don't recognize a need for multi pane. ::)

Wow! That nukes loads of things.  Bit overkill for my current needs, even my cmd-line startup got eaten.
Now all I've got to do is reconfigure some things .... & I will be good to go ;D