Author Topic: Multi Commander v3.5 Alpha/Beta  (Read 34486 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Multi Commander v3.5 Alpha/Beta
« on: August 05, 2013, 17:57:25 »

-- Build 1442
  ADDED - Save Clipboard dialog will now remember format from previous time.
  ADDED - CustomCommand MC.FileSearch.Search now support parameters like ATTRIBUTES/TIME/TIMEFROM/TIMETO
  ADDED - CustomCommand MC.CloseAllTabs now support LEFTONLY/RIGHTONLY as parameter
  ADDED - MultiScript Debugger window will now show log output
  ADDED - Get the raw LIST result from the FTP
  FIXED - FTP will now log error better
  FIXED - FTP Transfer issue if buffer size was to large.
  FIXED - FTP Problem when listing root folder on some servers
  FIXED - Fixed potential buffer overrun crash when renaming
  FIXED - Problem with binding own command to Left/Right key
  FIXED - MultiScript now handles spaces in strange places better
  FIXED - MultiScript now handles sending an array item directly to a function. Eg func( $arr[3] );
  FIXED - MultiScript now is a little faster. (You will probably not notice it)
  FIXED - 2 Crash issue reported by Crash report system
  SDK   - Alpha SDK now contain FileSystem Plugin samples.

-- Build 1446
  ADDED - MultiRename now support [F] tag to add the folder name of the folder that the file is located in.
  ADDED - Language editor will now allow editing of locked text items.
  ADDED - Windows Control Panels can now be opend from submenus under Tools menu
  ADDED - Find Open Files Windows can not stop service processes that has a file open
  FIXED - LoadSelectionsFromFile sometimes failed to selected to first item in the list

-- Build 1449
  FIXED - MultiCommander will now work on Windows XP again.
  FIXED - The Windows Control Panel menu items can now be assigned to hotkeys
  FIXED - Hang that should happen during file copy. If write error happen at the time where the last write operation for the file was done.
  FIXED - 7 rare crash issue reported by Crash report system

-- Build 1452
  CHANGE- Replace regex engine with an engine that is more compliant with perl regular expression.
  ADDED - Multi-Script function to sort string/num in an array "$arr2 = ArraySort($arr)"
  ADDED - Inline Rename can now move to previous/next item using Arrow up/down key (config option, default on)
  ADDED - Inline Rename can now move to next item when enter key is pressed (config option, default off)
  ADDED - Pressing Ctrl+N / Ctrl+E while in inline rename mode the name part or extension part will be selected
  ADDED - Pressing Ctrl+U / Ctrl+L while in inline rename mode the name will be change to all uppercase or lowercase

-- Build 1457
  ADDED - New Delete Progress Dialog
  CHANGE- New internal way to to connect UI to the file operations ( only delete is using it for now )
  CHANGE- Lots of code cleanup and cleanup of SDK

-- Build 1469
  ADDED - MultiRename now support RegEx in the Search/Replace part
  ADDED - MultiScript can now replace substring using RegEx. ( StrRegExpReplace( ... ) )
  FIXED - Some UI Issues with the new Delete Progress Dialog
  ADDED - New icons added to MCIcons.dll
  ADDED - File Coloring Rules Editor. Access it from the Configuration menu.
  ADDED - User configuration of the old file coloring will be converted into File Coloring Rules
  REMOVE- Old file coloring system is removed.

-- Build 1470
  FIXED - Startup crash if it failed to convert old color setup to new.

-- Build 1475
  ADDED - Better error handling and logging if fails to load color rules
  ADDED - Color Rules Editor is more user friendly when creating rules.
  FIXED - Many minor UI issues with the Color Rules Editor fixed.
  ADDED - MultiScript function "DeleteFile/DeleteFiles"now support the option "AUTOCLOSEPROGRESS"
  ADDED - A default ColorRules.xml added to fresh installation

-- Build 1479
  ADDED - Color Rules Editor can now create/delete additional profiles
  ADDED - Coloring Rules can now be disabled
  ADDED - Color Rules Editor now support MultiLanguage
  ADDED - Can now Export/Import color rules
  ADDED - Custom Command MC.Explorer.SetColoringRules NAME=<ProfileName>
  ADDED - Custom Command MC.Explorer.RefreshColoringRules
  ADDED - Select Color Profile to use from toolbar and menu
  FIXED - MultiScript - Initializing a string array using single quote did not work.

-- Build 1481
  CHANGE- Change the Color Rules Editor Layout a bit
  ADDED - Autogenerated Color rules names now uses the MultiLanguage system for texts.
  CHANGE- Changed default color rules.
  FIXED - MultiRename will now restore Search/Replace option when loading a saved profile.

-- Build 1486
 FIXED - Very rare hang issue that could happened if a copy operation was aborted.
 FIXED - Color Rules Editor ask less about saving changes
 FIXED - Active Coloring profile is remembered between restarts
 ADDED - Attributes dialog for Color Rules Editor now have tooltips for the attributes
 ADDED - Find Files dialog remember expanded state between starts
 ADDED - Main drive bar can be force to be placed on its own line
 ADDED - Remember file search properties between restarts. (not all but some)
 ADDED - Alt+Z in the Find File dialog will reset the content

-- Build 1490
  FIXED - Settings panel will use font settings from Explorer Panel
  FIXED - Settings panel now works better in high DPI mode
  FIXED - Minor state tweaks to Color Rules Editor.
  ADDED - MultiRename tool can now reset filelist with currently selected items.
  ADDED - Find Files dialog now has a clear button that clear all options.
  ADDED - Backup/Restore will now also do the ColorRules profiles.
  ADDED - Command line command ":winerr <num>" that display the error message for internal windows error codes.
  ADDED - MultiDataViewer will now remember maximized size/position between runs.
  ADDED - Windows Control Panel menu items are now using MultiLanguage system

-- Build 1500 - Final release
  FIXED - In some rare case double items would be shown.
  FIXED - If parent folder is hidden the ".." folder was not shown
  FIXED - Double click on status progress bar for delete operation will now bring delete window to the front.
  FIXED - Button panel did not always update if button label was changed.
  FIXED - Very rare timing crash for delete operation.
  FIXED - File search using to/from date matches do now correct the time for the current timezone correctly.
  ADDED - Viewing a file from search result will now also transfer over the find by content (if any) to the viewer.
  CHANGE- Default RW profile, updated to work better for modern hardware.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 18:30:43 by Mathias (Author) »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Multi Commander v3.3 Alpha/Beta
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 17:59:11 »
** Breaking change **

In build 1452 the Regular Expression engine was replaced with one that follows the Perl RegEx way better.
But it might also break some of the existing regexp you have.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 20:04:04 »
ADDED - Pressing Ctrl+N / Ctrl+E while in inline rename mode the name part or extension part will be selected
Maybe toggling should be done by pressing the same key that assigned for inline renaming? E.g. i've set up F2 for inline renaming. So pressing F2 would toggle selection from name to extension.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 20:10:09 by Jungle »

exosceleton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 08:21:50 »

ADDED - Pressing Ctrl+U / Ctrl+L while in inline rename mode the name will be change to all uppcase or lowercase

I think I am experiencing something wrong with the way this is implemented.
After using the Ctrl+ functions MC sticks in that mode. So pressing "e" (no ctrl) to change the newly selected extention text will keep selecting the extention instead of typing an "e". I have to press Ctrl (no letter) again to be able to type an "e".
This is very counter intuitive, as one of the things you want to do right after selecting Name or Extention is type new text to replace the selected text.
(win 7, portable MC, tried 3 computers)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 16:18:41 »
New Beat 1457 has a new Delete dialog. There are still some minor UI issue with it. They will be fixed in the next beta.

exosceleton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 13:09:14 »
inline rename Ctrl issue gone in new build

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2013, 17:36:50 »
In Build 1469 the file coloring rules can now be edited using the File Coloring Rules Editor.

There is still some features missing from it like import/export, enabling/disabling of individual rules and the use of alternative rules sets and support for Multi-Language and more

Also the old file coloring is now removed and the user configuration of the old file coloring is converted into the new Coloring Rules.

Also MultiRename search/replace part support regex and there is a new Multi-Script function that replaces using regex StrRegExpReplace
Code: [Select]
<str> StrRegExoReplace(<str>, <regex>, <replaceWith>, [int startPos] )
example

@var $str = "This.String.A02B22.SUBString-ZZZZ";
@var $re = ".A[0-9][0-9]B[0-9][0-9]."";
@var $result = StrRegExpReplace($str, $re, "XX");
 // result is This.StringXXSUBString-ZZZZ

ice-man

• The Little Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 22:20:34 »
Awesome.

The file coloring rules works great.
And the UI is very dynamic. I like it. and how the background colors in the rule list follows the colors defined in the explorer panel, nice easy to show how the final result will look like.
It must have been a pain to develop, I done a lot of UI development my self in C++ and it can drive you crazy. C++ is not an easiest language to create UI in.

Some questions..

The small button in the top/left corner that switches background.. That will not be there in the final? it is a test before deciding how to go ?.. I would vote for going with the white background, look more modern, at least on Win7/Win8.

The [...] button.. What are they for? (They are all disabled now) I guess they are not for file browsing?

Also if you get the time.. When you add so it is possible to have multiple sets of "Colors profiles". It would be good if it was possible to copy all or some rules from one profile and paste into another.  Maybe as a right click menu on the list with rules. ( Copy selected, Copy All , Paste )

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 22:26:52 by ice-man »
Intel i7-6700K - Running on latest Windows 10 64bit Insider Preview

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 23:38:47 »
In Build 1469 the file coloring rules can now be edited using the File Coloring Rules Editor.

There is still some features missing from it like import/export, enabling/disabling of individual rules and the use of alternative rules sets and support for Multi-Language and more

Also the old file coloring is now removed and the user configuration of the old file coloring is converted into the new Coloring Rules.

Also MultiRename search/replace part support regex and there is a new Multi-Script function that replaces using regex StrRegExpReplace
<str> StrRegExoReplace(<str>, <regex>, <replaceWith>, [int startPos] )
example

@var $str = "This.String.A02B22.SUBString-ZZZZ";
@var $re = ".A[0-9][0-9]B[0-9][0-9]."";
@var $result = StrRegExpReplace($str, $re, "XX");
 // result is This.StringXXSUBString-ZZZZ

Yaaaaaay for regex script function !!   ;D 
I will be trying this asap!

Like the look of the colouring dialog, I find the file type colours very helpful.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 23:42:37 by Ulfhednar »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 12:05:55 »
The small button in the top/left corner that switches background.. That will not be there in the final? it is a test before deciding how to go ?.. I would vote for going with the white background, look more modern, at least on Win7/Win8.
Yes, You are correct.  I have not decided if it should be the standard dialog background or white (or really default window background.. that by default is white unless you customized windows colors)

The [...] button.. What are they for? (They are all disabled now) I guess they are not for file browsing?
When pressed you will get a dialog where you can easily input the data. if the rule require a date/time you will get a dialog where you can pick date/time.
if it is attributes you get a list of attribute that you can easily check.

Also if you get the time.. When you add so it is possible to have multiple sets of "Colors profiles". It would be good if it was possible to copy all or some rules from one profile and paste into another.  Maybe as a right click menu on the list with rules. ( Copy selected, Copy All , Paste )
Good idea.  I will see if I get the time. or maybe for the next version.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 12:17:08 »

Yes. So what do you guy think. What color looks better. The standard dialog background or the alternative (white*) ?

(* It can be another color then white if you customize the default window background color )

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 19:59:53 »
Build 1475

Color Rules Editor should work a lot better now. Still more to come and MultiLanguage support is not added yet since a lot of the text might still change.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 20:23:28 »
Yes. So what do you guy think. What color looks better. The standard dialog background or the alternative (white*) ?
Personally i prefer native background.
But maybe external "tweak" tool or extension could be created in the future to change color profiles (and other hidden settings). Sort of GUI that changes params in config files.

Build 1475

Color Rules Editor should work a lot better now. Still more to come and MultiLanguage support is not added yet since a lot of the text might still change.

[Add] button now just does nothing. All controls remain disabled. ColorRules.xml file is still not created.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 20:31:08 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 20:36:54 »
[Add] button now just does nothing. All controls remain disabled. ColorRules.xml file is still not created.

I don't know how you are able get that. Even if I force remove the file and changes permission so that a new colorsrules.xml can't be created. I still don't get so I can't add. strange

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 20:42:13 »

I don't know how you are able get that. Even if I force remove the file and changes permission so that a new colorsrules.xml can't be created. I still don't get so I can't add. strange

wait.. are you sure it not just an redraw issue ?? Try move the mouse over the list or alt-tab to/from another app so the window force redrawn..

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 21:16:29 »
wait.. are you sure it not just an redraw issue ?? Try move the mouse over the list or alt-tab to/from another app so the window force redrawn..
Nothing changes. [Save] button also does nothing.

Will try clean install.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:44:21 by Jungle »

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 05:45:13 »
With fresh (non-portable) install everything seems to be OK.

But when i try to install MC (beta) under non-Administrator account (even with admin privileges), endless loop of messages occur
---------------------------
MultiCommander v3.3.0.1476 x64 Setup
MultiCommander is already installed.

Do you want to uninstall the existing version.
Yes   No 

then

MultiCommander v3.3.0.1476 x64 Setup
Try to install MultiCommander again?
ОК   Cancel 

and again.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 05:46:59 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 06:51:09 »
Then it must have failed to uninstall.
It can loop if the reg entry for installed program is still there and that is the last things that is removed when uninstalling.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 07:16:43 »
Then it must have failed to uninstall.
It can loop if the reg entry for installed program is still there and that is the last things that is removed when uninstalling.
No. I hadn't MC installed. If setup is launched as non-Administrator, such loop occurs. If launched as Administrator, no problems (and no uninstall procedure).

BTW, Uninstall and MultiUpdate also work properly only when run as Administrator (on Win7)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:24:03 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 07:53:24 »
MC must have been installed before.. you only get that loop if it find it self under install programs.
If MC was install with admin right it have added it self to windows so that it shows up under "Programs and Features"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MultiCommander
or under
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MultiCommander

There might be an issue if you first install as admin (local_machine) and then as normal user (current_user) and then uninstall.
the entire for normal user might still be there and the uninstaller will try to remove the one under local machine ( admin )

Problem is that the NSIS install system is old and the support for Win7+ is not good. I want to replace it but creating a new installer takes more time that I have.

However MultiUpdate will check for write permission and will only restart it self as admin if it do not have write permission to the folder it tries to change.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 08:14:59 »
MC must have been installed before.. you only get that loop if it find it self under install programs.
I've cleaned registry and disk, so there're no MC entries neither for Administrator nor for User (note that User has admin rights).
The problem remains. Setup works properly only when launched as Administrator.
But maybe it is because of some local and domain rules?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2013, 08:40:39 »
Well the registry entries MUST be there for it to loop.
It is what the installer check for.

( on 64bit you also must make sure to clear out the under the "Wow6432Node" key )
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

If you tweak local or domain policys and rules all kind of strange things happen. You can block and change behavior of everything in windows with that.
I have very limited knowledge about all the policy/domain settings.

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 08:56:06 »
Well the registry entries MUST be there for it to loop.
It is what the installer check for.
I've played with installation/uninstallation and found out that:
1. If MC was installed for current user only, launching setup again doesn't ask for uninstall
2. If MC was installed for all users, launching setup again asks for uninstall

But the main issue remains - install/uninstall only work when launched as Administrator. Well, let's blame unidentified security settings :)

P.S. It seems that uninstall doesn't remove start menu/desktop shortcuts.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:58:42 by Jungle »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 09:22:07 »
Did some testing on a clean win7 system
On a normal Win7 (No network domain and no domain policies)
everything looks to work as it should. (also menu/desktop)
And the uninstaller will only elevate to admin if installed as admin else it will run as user.

Will test some corner cases later where it is installed/uninstalled with different modes and platform version on top if each other. I suspect that can mess with the registry and confuse the uninstaller.
If the ForAll/ForUser install modes get mixed up I guess it can miss to delete desktop shortcut since they are in different locations.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Multi Commander v3.5 Alpha/Beta
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 18:34:51 »

Build 1490 might be the last release candidate before final release. Unless some major issue if found.