Author Topic: my wishlist  (Read 10943 times)

midros

• View Profile
my wishlist
« on: August 23, 2013, 10:43:37 »
 here are some of my suggestions

1. when you want to rename a file after pressing F2, the filename is highlighted but:

when I  press the right arrow, the cursor goes after the dot, while I would prefer to stay at the end of the filename but before the dot (and the extension of course)
and when I press the left arrow, the cursor goes one letter before the end of the file name, while I would prefer to go to the beginning of the filename

It used to be like this sometime ago and it was changed again after an update but I am not sure when..

2. I would like the several column sets to be saved and used independently for every folder. for e.g. different column set for music or picture folders.

3. the "play music in folder" button is useless if you don't have an m3u list of the songs and I really don't use such lists. I think it would be better to play all (or selected) mp3s with the default app. (after all if you use m3u lists it is easier to highlight it and press enter:-)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: my wishlist
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 10:57:39 »
1. It was change to this behavior a while ago because this is how it works in Windows Explorer and most people preferred that.
Home key will move cursor to the beginning.
I might add some manual tweak possibility to change the behavior. But it will not be an direct option.

2. You can have different columns set for different folders. Right click on column and select Customize Column sets and you can specify at what path a specific column set should be used.

3. That button was really just meant as an example on how to use buttons so that the users got should see what was possible with the buttons.
(To press enter on the m3u you had to enter the folder first. With the button you did not have to enter the folder first)

midros

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 11:42:34 »
It was change to this behavior a while ago because this is how it works in Windows Explorer and most people preferred that.

ok but MC is supposed to be better than win-explorer, but anyway if most people prefer that way, I can live with it.

You can have different columns set for different folders. Right click on column and select Customize Column sets and you can specify at what path a specific column set should be used.

I have seen this option but I am not able to edit the path list and when I press the "add" button nothing happens, so I thought it was something else.

To press enter on the m3u you had to enter the folder first. With the button you did not have to enter the folder first

I see. It's nice thought but I never noticed since I don't use it

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 12:19:37 »
You can have different columns set for different folders. Right click on column and select Customize Column sets and you can specify at what path a specific column set should be used.

I have seen this option but I am not able to edit the path list and when I press the "add" button nothing happens, so I thought it was something else.
Enter path in field just above.. Then press Add. Then press Save Changes..
Also Check the checkbox if it should be recursive.

midros

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 12:46:54 »
Enter path in field just above.

are you talking about the field that says "auto load to path"?. I can delete the default paths in there but I can't add anything. (or maybe I am just fool)

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 15:07:49 »
are you talking about the field that says "auto load to path"?
Yes. I've just tested and it works on latest stable v3.2.1.

midros

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 16:06:52 »
yes it works fine. thanks