Author Topic: Multi-Rename error  (Read 7043 times)

GrantSP

• View Profile
Multi-Rename error
« on: September 03, 2013, 03:00:30 »
Hello.

Since my last efforts with Multi-Rename I have decided to be a bit more adventurous but I have come across a bug.

I have created a couple of buttons to copy some log files into my current beta-test folder for examination and then clear the folders for a clean slate ready for the next test.
To be able to make comparisons between different sets of logged data I then use Multi-rename to prepend the current date and time to those files.

First problem I came across was the default time options didn't have leading zeros in the MIN & SEC values thus providing sequence problems.
So after reading the forum I found you suggested using more advanced date-time formats. I did using this setup:

[?ExtendedProp.datemodify-{yyyy-MM-dd|-HH-mm} ]-[N]

This was serving me well until this morning when the following error resulted.

The two files I copy over are:
Lua.log
Civ5DebugDatabase.db

Upon running Multi-Rename I got the, almost, correct files

2013-09-03-10-00-Lua.log
2013-09-03-09-59-Civ5DebugDatabase.db

Notice the timing error.

Then after doing another modification and running the system producing more log files I get the following error:

2013-09-03-10-13-Lua.log
2013-09-03-09-59-Civ5DebugDatabase.db > Failed to rename. A file with this name already exists.

Now there are 2 errors here.
1) the current time should actually be 10-50 thus the Lua.log is wrong
2) the Civ5DebugDatabase.db is trying to be renamed to the first instance of that file with a completely wrong time

I am really impressed with MultiCommander, and I am trying to leverage all of the great functions that are incorporated into this wonderful programme, but this is a real bummer :(

Hope you can track down the problem.

Thanks in advance

Edit:
I thought I would do another test while I continued to read through the forum.
This time the two files were to renamed with timestamps 28 minutes different! :o

Edit2:
Ahh. I now see the problem. The ?ExtendedProp.datemodify is reading the modified date/time of the file that is copied over.
Is there a way to get a full date/time value with leading zeroes using the current system time, not the file created/modified?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 03:14:18 by GrantSP »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Multi-Rename error
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 06:48:33 »
The normal date/time tag uses system time.

[Y]-[M2]-[D2]-[h2]-[m2]-[N]

GrantSP

• View Profile
Re: Multi-Rename error
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 02:43:49 »
Thank you.

I didn't realize the tags could have extra values to extend the format.

[m2] = 05 instead of the [m] = 5 that I was getting.

I couldn't find it when I wanted to, but now after reading your post I thought I would check again, sure enough, your documentation had it listed there all the time.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I appreciate the amount of work you put into this and to have to respond to stupid posts like this, well again, sorry.