Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Support and Feedback / Re: Open folder link in new tab
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on July 17, 2024, 09:36:00 »
by default ' Middle click' will open in new tab on other side

You can configure the Mouse action in Explorer Panel Settings > Mouse Configuration
There you can select what action you want for the buttons.
Eg change so it is opened in same side
Support and Feedback / Open folder link in new tab
« Last post by Stipa on July 17, 2024, 09:17:55 »
Hi,
short quenstion...
is there one/two click action for opening folder link in new tab?

Thanks
Before you could click on an item in the Aliases dialog, and press a key and it would jump to that character in the list; I think (correct me if I'am wrong.) Could you bring back that functionality for Aliases, it would help navigate the huge number of Aliases I have ! Let's say an Alias item has focus and I press the "P" key it should jump to the first item that starts with "P". Just a minor feature but would help a lot. Similar to the  alphabeticized-jump-on-keydown User Defined Commands —it's already present for UDC, why not for Aliases ?  :)
OneDrive is using virtual placeholder files (might be that other cloud venders also have moved over to that), Windows has done some changes to how they are identified, and they are now colliding with how junctions links are identified.

Thanks for the quick reply. The Menu > Tools > Calculate folder size command returns 0 bytes.  Same if I click the KB icon in the toolbar

Upon further experimentation, I have observed the folder sizes are NOT calculated for any locally stored folders on Microsoft OneDrive and BoxDrive on my C: drive. 

Other cloud folders like DropBox and GoogleDrive folders calculate the file sizes perfectly.  But OneDrive and BoxDrive will not calc the sizes and always return 0 bytes after I recalculate the folder sizes. I recently installed OneDrive on my new laptop and noticed it. This issue has never happened before. It's very strange indeed!

I don't understand what's different about the OneDrive and  BoxDrive folder permissions.  I checked and have full control on the security tab of the folder properties dialog.  I'm also running under my Windows 11 64-bit administrator account.

Any thoughts or suggestions to try next?  It's driving me crazy!  Thanks in advance
Im not able to reproduce that
If you start foldersize from shortcut or from Menu > Tools > Calculate folder size , Same result ?

Is there something special with those folder ? permission ? symlinks or something ?

The "Always rescan folders" has nothing to do with folder sizing. It is if a folder always should should rescan the content of the folder when entering, even if folder hint say nothing has changed
Hi Mathias

I don't see a problem for you as author adding the information to Wikipedia.  Consider that you (the developer) would be the only one to possess the technical details in the first place. You worked long and hard on MC, why not promote it and attract more users seeking the best file manager out there?

If you like, I am willing to edit the Wikipedia on your behalf, but I need your help to gather the MC technical information for the Wikipedia knowledge article. I think this would be great info to provide others looking to discover the awesome power and utility of MultiCommander!

I've created an Excel spreadsheet containing technical details (as much as I could gather) for you to review for accuracy.  See attached zip file. There are 8 tabs, one for each Wikipedia section in the article. I've collected everything in one place to make it easier for you to review and edit.

I know you're busy, but if/when you have the time, kindly please review/edit the Excel workbook and email me privately and I am more than willing to post MultiCommander information on Wikipedia here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_managers

Cheers and thank you!  I eagerly await your response.
AB

ps sorry for the many edits but I lost my original post while editing in this forum, so I have consolidated my replies to reduce noise.
Calculate Folder Size is broken.  The size of folders is not refreshed. When I click on the KB toolbar icon (or press Shift+Alt+Return), the DIR size shows 0 bytes.  See before and after images below.

Note: The "Always rescan folders" setting under Explorer panel settings has no effect.  I used to keep this enabled, but that doesn't solve my issue which I only noticed recently.
Thank you for making multitasking easier —I really needed this feature desperately ! This will take my productivity to new heights ! Thank you so much, appreciate it ! 👍
It runs a separate blank session (from a 64bit process) than when I run it from Taskbar or Explorer or some 32bit process. I guess the Registry for that must be virtualized or something. According to Gemini AI you'd need to use Process Injection to load a DLL into Multicommander & then run it as 32bit ! 😅 But it's O.K. it runs all my tabs fine from the Taskbar icon.
Process Injection (Advanced and Risky):
Theory: This involves injecting a 32-bit DLL into the 64-bit File Manager process, then using that DLL to launch QREAD in the desired environment.
It's alright though, there's no way around it. I even tried loading WinFile (Github the original File Manager from Win 3.11) & also /w Total Commander 32bit through Multicommander, but it doesn't load it correctly. There were some advanced COMSPEC .BAT files or something I read about long time back but those didn't work either. It's fine ! 👍 I also tried getting the 32bit version by running it through Otya128's WineVDM (Github) but it gives an error (I think it only emulates 16-bit apps.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10