Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Beta Releases / Re: version 11.3 BETA (Last updated 16-Sep-21)
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on September 22, 2021, 19:34:52 »
ADDED - Support for Changing Config/Log/Userdata path
ADDED - Support for redirecting some config files to locations.

Mathias, can I have a bit more info on these option, please?

I can't see any way to access them through the interface...

(Not finished yet)
http://multicommander.com/content/customized-paths
Support and Feedback / Bug when double clicking a file
« Last post by terensd on September 21, 2021, 18:42:07 »
Hello to all

I have noticed the following bug. When I double click on a file to open it, lets say "c:\data\greek characters\greekname.txt", the multi commander launches the associated program but the programs reports an error that it can't open the file "c:datagreek charactersgreekname.txt". The parameter passed to the program doesn't have the path separator.
This only happens if the path or the filename contains greek characters. Is there something I can do to make it work?
Support and Feedback / Re: File Search with Regex is case sensitive
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on September 20, 2021, 18:28:39 »
When matching filename using the RegEx it is "ignore case" since Windows filesystem is that.

For matching file content you can toggle ignore case on/off
Support and Feedback / File Search with Regex is case sensitive
« Last post by cris on September 20, 2021, 13:21:36 »
Hey *,

File search (F3) with regex is case sensitve - e.g. wildcard search isn't.

Is there a way to turn of case sensitivity?
I tried a heading (?i) and also the surrounding /xxx/i but both didn't work.

Greets
Beta Releases / Re: version 11.3 Bug ?
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on September 20, 2021, 07:37:46 »
If the error was about path being to long it would say so.  The character limit is around 4096 but if it is over network it can be lower depended on system there.
Most error windows return a error code and that error is shown also the FileOperation log can have more info about errors (Ctrl+L)
But what error did you get ?  Without anymore information it is impossible to say why. It can lots of different reasons.

Beta Releases / Re: version 11.3 Bug ?
« Last post by Lukasz S. on September 19, 2021, 12:48:06 »
Hi,

Just found another bug, I'm not sure if standard version not BETA has the same issue. I was not able to move file to my NAT folder where complete path has 52 characters and file name was 108 + extension.
Move dialog window appears but with no action closing immediately. Is there any limitation in MC for filename length I mean quantity of characters?

I moved this file in Windows with no problem.

BR
Lukasz
Beta Releases / Re: version 11.3 BETA (Last updated 16-Sep-21)
« Last post by AlanJB on September 18, 2021, 11:36:08 »
There is no interface for them. and will not be, It will be a special file that allowes for path to be overwritten. (Mainly for IT Pros that want to control stuff for users. but also other reasons)
But info will come when they are better tested better finalized

OK.  Thanks Mathias.
Support and Feedback / Re: Details directory info sometimes disappears?
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on September 17, 2021, 16:27:25 »
Thanks.

Turns out everything except file name was scrolled off the screen to the right but it did not look like it at all and I don't know what caused it to be that way.  (see attached image)

I spent 3 minutes having to drag the tiny vertical line of each column separately to put it all back in a visible place.

next time, try double click in the area between the columns in the header. (where you drag them).. then it shrinks that column based on content.. however if one file is super long. Yhen it will fly away
Support and Feedback / Re: Details directory info sometimes disappears?
« Last post by jamesd1 on September 17, 2021, 16:12:10 »
Thanks.

Turns out everything except file name was scrolled off the screen to the right but it did not look like it at all and I don't know what caused it to be that way.  (see attached image)

I spent 3 minutes having to drag the tiny vertical line of each column separately to put it all back in a visible place.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10