Multi Commander Support Forum

Multi Commander => Support and Feedback => Topic started by: ghd on October 10, 2025, 11:50:21

Title: Linked Navigation
Post by: ghd on October 10, 2025, 11:50:21
The latest release - v15.6 ( Build 3119 ) has linked navigation feature. What is the meaning of this feature? If I descend into one folder below in one tab, the other tab automatically descends into the similar folder in the other tab. I hope this is what is meant by linked navigation. How do I link navigation for both the tabs that are displaying similar folders from two different locations?

Regards.
Title: Re: Linked Navigation
Post by: Mathias (Author) on October 10, 2025, 12:47:48
Yes it navigates into same folders in both views.
Alt+L toggle it on and off

Title: Re: Linked Navigation
Post by: Lukasz S. on September 24, 2026, 20:44:08
Hi, could you explain how Linked Navigation works? I'm trying te set two different folders in 2 different locations and nothing happens when I change the folders. When I come back to the folder in left panel, second one (right) is  not changed to  the one which I set as linked one.

Is this something like scrolling both folders (left & right) simultaneously or this is only function to open remembered folders in both panels (linked  together)? Can we create few pairs of linked folders?
Title: Re: Linked Navigation
Post by: Mathias (Author) on September 24, 2026, 22:32:08
You link panel 1 with panel 2
you enter folder MyFolder in panel 1.
if Panel 2 has that folder.. It will also enter it