Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - total_annihilation00

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9
1
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW 3
« on: Yesterday at 08:23:46 »
Don't find any issue with selection and checkboxes.. they are unselected.. Make sure you have configured it correctly.. that behavior is depending on Explorer Panel settings

Additional issues in v17:
  • Selection isn’t cleared when clicking empty space: In v16, clicking an empty area of the file pane (for example, the area below the items in a folder with only a few files, as indicated by the red circle in the screenshot) deselects the checked items and the focused item. In v17, they remain selected.
  • Back/Forward navigation is inconsistent: The Toolbar’s Back and Forward buttons sometimes navigate to an unrelated folder instead of the previous or next folder. I’ve encountered this a few times and will try to find a reproducible scenario.

**P.S.** The Column Layout is working flawlessly—thank you so much for implementing it! 😄

2
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW 3
« on: September 30, 2026, 05:27:02 »
Minor UI issues in v17
I’ve noticed three possible UI regressions in v17:
  • The italicized text in the Size field for space-ani.gif appears slightly clipped or extends beyond its bounds. It displays correctly in v16.
  • Clicking an empty area doesn’t deselect the checkboxes. If this is intentional, please disregard—but I’d prefer the previous behavior.
  • Bug: Gridlines missing in Thumbnail view in v17
    In MultiCommander v17, gridlines are not displayed in Thumbnail (64×64) view; they appear only in Details view. Gridlines display correctly in Thumbnail view in v16. Additional issue: The FileName text is also clipped in Thumbnail view, as shown in the attached screenshot.
Otherwise, v17 is great. I love it!

3
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW 3
« on: September 29, 2026, 03:59:58 »
Bug: Sorting Column Resets When Reopening a Panel

Can you serialize the Sorting Column so it remembers which column (in my case Date Descending) even when all Tabs are closed ? Wasn't an issue in V16, V17 has a glitch where reverts the Sorting Column to Name when all Tabs in the Panel are closed and you open 1 new Explorer Panel. Please fix this minor issue so the Sorting Column stays persistent across Tabs Panel complete closing & then re-opening from scratch!

Could the active sort column and direction be persisted across panel sessions? In my case, I use Date (Descending).

This worked as expected in v16, but in v17 the sort order resets to Name if I close all tabs in a panel and then open a new Explorer panel. Please fix this so the selected sort column and direction remain persistent after all tabs are closed and the panel is reopened.

Update: I found the relevant setting under Explorer Panel Settings → Default Settings for New Tabs → Date/Time (Descending). After setting it, new tabs use the correct sort order.
Sorry for the confusion—please disregard my previous report. It’s working as expected now. Thanks ! ;D

4
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW 3
« on: September 28, 2026, 16:16:28 »
You running 3rd party app that replaces windows theme ? Because that does not look like what MC drawn by default, Guess that the font you use are to small.. You can tweak and add extra height to a row in Explorer panel settings under Tweaking

Yeah it was due to the fonts, sorry for the false report… Everything is working properly. I'll let you know if I run into any issues once I've customized it… I use WindowBlinds 10 on Windows 10 (for the dark theme.) 8)
# 1
I noticed something, when I close all Tabs in the Panel, then open an Explorer Panel, my Column Layout Sorting gets reverted to "Name" when it's always been "Date" (Descending). This doesn't happen in V16 though, it remembers the Column Layout Sorting. Could you fix this maybe, (it's a little annoying) ? Otherwise Column Layout is working brilliantly without a hitch. Can you make the Sorting Column persistent across when all tabs have been closed and reopening a Tab ?
# 2
As for the Color Rules Editor, that is fixed now too, but the first time I made a Rule, when I was picking a color it wasn't selecting/ picking a new color (from the Color Picker), I had to edit the Hex Color editbox & then close and re-open it but now it's working (doesn't get link to parent and is a separate entity; all good)…

5
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW 3
« on: September 28, 2026, 15:53:54 »
Thank you Mathias, I'am happy to announce the Column Layout seems to be fixed —I'am ecstatic !!! :D Also there's a glitchy Gridlines that need to be fixed, it's drawing on top of the Checkboxes & folder items.
P.S: It could be because I didn't customize the font yet…
P.P.S: It's looking normal after customizing the fonts, but I don't know if it should draw over the Checkboxes like that

6
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW 2
« on: September 28, 2026, 15:14:27 »
however there are some changes around the column layout already added to the preview.. I thought that was already added to preview2. maybe it was not.  Maybe should release a preview3

Thank you so much, Mathias ! You are truly a godsend !! ;D

7
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW 2
« on: September 28, 2026, 14:13:21 »
It is still impossible for me to fix something I can't reproduce, All I can do is write done a note about it and keep and eye out for it when/If I see it happening.

Can't you add an option to permanently lock the columns into a fixed [current] size please, that would make my life a whole lot easier ! It's so hard to make adjustments to every tab I open all the time… Because I can't use MC in its current state, it's too cumbersome & painstaking to re-adjust the columns when they spontaneously change size in every tab ! Please Mathias, I humbly beseech you to do this ! :D

8
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW 2
« on: September 15, 2026, 17:25:44 »
I can find any issue with having column set with space in the name or not.

Thanks for replying, yes, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference, except I think without spaces the other tabs (background tabs) are properly sized according to the Layout. If possible try and get around to fixing this File header column issue. Also Color Rule Editor bug fix would be much appreciated also. But mainly the File Header Columns resizing sporadically.

9
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW 2
« on: September 14, 2026, 16:08:04 »
#2 Nothing with this was "fix" so dont know why you got this before. might be because you resize panel size in startup them

#5 Can't replicate this. Never seen that happen.

File Header Column and Color Rules Editor Bugs

The File Header Column bug remains a significant issue, and the Color Rules Editor bug is still unresolved. I suspect the root cause may be related to panel sizing behavior upon startup—specifically, that panels initialize at a 50/50 split and then resize to 100/0. Could you please investigate and address this ?

I rely heavily on the File Column Headers. Even if I need to revert to the [Default] layout, I want to avoid having to manually reconfigure the File Column Header layouts for each of my dozens of tabs every time I launch MC. As you mentioned earlier, this may be due to the layout states not being properly synchronized or persisted asynchronously.

Please look into these two issues.

Additionally, I can now finally assign Ctrl+Page Up/Page Down to navigate between tabs (after removing these keys from Next Sibling Folder / Previous Sibling Folder bindings). Thanks ! :D

Additional Feature Request and Observations

P.S. Would it be possible to add an MC command that refreshes the File Column Header layout and automatically resizes the columns accordingly? This would be useful to run after resizing the Left Panel to 100/0, allowing me to quickly restore the correct column sizes. Ideally, this command could also apply the current Column Layout to all open tabs, streamlining the workflow.

P.P.S. I suspect the issue with the File Column Header Layout was related to spaces in the layout name. For example, changing "My Advanced Tweaks" to "AdvancedTweak" appears to have mitigated the problem, as only the focused tab at startup is now abnormally squashed. However, I’ve noticed that neither the first tab nor the current startup tab are correctly applying the designated Column Layout, requiring me to manually adjust two tabs each time.

10
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW 2
« on: September 14, 2026, 15:31:25 »
5 bugs are fixed:
(Fixed #1) The Sorted Column is remembered properly (the little triangle) (doesn't get unsorted or reset to Name Column like before when there is a new defined custom Layout "My Advanced Tweaks" in my case) !

(Fixed #2) The Date Created Column is visible now !

(Fixed #3) In "Windows Explorer" Colors mode you can now right-click the File Header Column !

(Fixed #4) Ctrl+Page Up and Ctrl+Page Down (Page Up/ Page Down keys essentially) are assignable now and the text is not hidden in the Keyboard Customization dialog !

(Fixed #5) Both Keyboard Customization dialog and Folder Settings dialog fit on screen (on 1366x768) so they're resized perfectly !

2 Bugs remain:
(Issue #6) Color Rules are still broken though (a new Color Rule is actually the parent Color Rule, it's not selectable or editable as a new item.)

(Issue #7) File Header Column is still squashed together on Startup, have to manually select the Layout for it to re-display correctly auto-resized (tested with my script to auto-resize left-panel to 100% ("-autorun" command-line User-Defined Command script)). It also still works better when there's only a single "[Default]" layout (together with the "Pictures" and "Music" standard layouts.)

11
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
« on: September 12, 2026, 10:55:27 »
lets wait until next preview and see what stills applies..  lots around this are already changed so some of it is probably not valid anymore. See if I can put out a updated preview tonight

Sounds good !

12
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
« on: September 12, 2026, 05:03:07 »
Thought I might also bring these to your attention:
  • V16 shows a Color Picker popup (in Core Settings > Colors) but V17 goes straight to the Color dialog, if this is a design choice then ignore.
  • I found some other hotkeys using Page Up and Page Down to also be invisible/ hidden in the "Keyboard Customization" dialog !
  • Like the "Keyboard Customization" dialog that you resized, the "Folder Settings" dialog is also slightly lying out of the screen (might want to fix that as well.)
  • My File Header Column is buggy again, could be because I made a "User-Defined Script" to autorun (command-line parameter) to make the Left Panel 100% long, or could be because I manually edited the ColumnSets.xml and made some changes (renamed it to Default I don't know. But fixing the File Column Header (and Layouts) would be a big step up !
There was another minor coloring glitch but I omitted it for now: in V16 for instance I have (in Core Settings > Colors tab) Settings Panel > Tab > textcolor as "Button Text" ("Windows Standard Colors" option) which is black (correctly) but on V17 it shows "Button Text" text color as Gray/ White.

13
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
« on: September 11, 2026, 15:11:28 »
I just noticed this now, in V17, the "Date Created" File Column displays nothing ! It's an empty field throughout —it works fine in V16.2 ! Is this a known bug ?!

Column "Extended - Date Created" ?
Works for me. Strange..

You path say thumbstick. is that is usb stick mounted into a path ?  does it happens only under that path or everywhere ?

Yes, "Extended - Date Created" And no it's a local harddrive folder, not a USB Drive (I use it to store temporarily for transferring files to my USB Drive.) It happens everywhere. Even in a fresh copy of MC V17. (updated the screenshots)

14
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
« on: September 11, 2026, 14:53:11 »
I just noticed this now, in V17, the "Date Created" File Column displays nothing ! It's an empty field throughout —it works fine in V16.2 ! Is this a known bug ?!

15
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
« on: September 11, 2026, 10:04:52 »
1. Okey only in 17 then. I though I saw the issue in v16 but might be refresh issue of UI list controller

2. This is actually same issue in V16 But since the issue is that the Fileview does not support this, by designed. since autoload columns happens async. it has already loaded the default. and that column did not exists. so it fallsback to name column.
Since the entire fileview was rewrttien in V17.. if this is fixed,. it will be in v17 only,

Interesting… That makes sense, thank you for addressing my concerns, Mathias ! :) Yeah I understand, I'll be migrating to V17…

16
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
« on: September 11, 2026, 08:41:28 »
To summarize, these are the 4 issues that remain (the rest I found a way to resolve):
(1) Color Rules Editor is broken, when adding a new rule, it is actually the parent Color Rule with its text populated in the Edit Name box, so a new Color Rule isn't interactable or generated (and cannot be edited or selectable.) (Only trick is to create 2 Rules consecutively (a duplicate copy of a new rule), then one of them will be functional.)
(2) When creating a new Column Layout, the 'File Header Column' gets reset and unsorted on next launch — doesn't remember which column to sort by, if I only use "[Default]" Column Layout then it works, but I can't make use of custom paths with "Valid for all future paths."
(3) Cannot create a Shortcut to Ctrl+PageUp or Ctrl+PageDown in the new "Keyboard Customization" dialog, the added entry shows "Ctrl + " that is, the PageDown/ PageUp text is invisible & not shown/ omitted in the list.
(4) Keyboard Customization dialog should be shorter in height so it fits on 1366x768 resolution laptop screens. (Minor glitch)
(5) Optional: Make the File Column Header right-clickable menu launch when "Mouse" (in the "Quick Look And Feel" settings) is specified as "Windows Explorer" as well, and not just "Commander Style" "Mouse" behavior (I can confirm it doesn't work on "Windows Explorer" "Mouse", only works on "Commander Style" "Mouse").

1. Is this not same as with V16 ? Then it is an error for that release.
2. Is this not same as with V16 ? Then it is an error for that release. (But not sure I understand this error)
3. Works for me. So not sure why you can't assign it
4. Dialog layout already fixed
5. default Right click handling for list items should not be used over header area. . Already fixed.

Issue #1
I assure you, in V16, when you Add a New Color Rule, it adds an "Empty - No Color Rules Defined" entry, with an *Empty* "Rule Name" field, and the Rules are Empty (as expected), but in V17, it populates the "Rule Name" (inherits the parents, and any modifications are applied to the parent, not the Newly created Empty Rule !) Also the rules are from the parent Color Rule. It's not defining a New generated Rule, it's linked/ refers to the orginal Rule and cannot be selected/ edited ! (See screenshots) As a solution, instead of Duplicating the Color Rules, you could have a separate New Rule button ?! Though it would be easier to just fix this erratic behavior. The cheap workaround is to make a second duplicate Color Rule, then modify that 'cause that's truly an Empty Rule.

Issue #2
When you right-click the "File Column Header" there is "Customize Columns" in that dialog if you create a New Layout (with custom fields, custom paths C:\ D:\ with "Valid For Future Paths" checked, and when relaunching MC, the previously Sorted Column is not activated, it's like the Sorting Column is reset (the little triangle) (I set mine to "Date Descending", but then it becomes unsorted and I have to click on the the "Date Descending" sorting column again to restore the config. If I use the "[Default]" Column Layout, not a new custom one, it remembers the Sorting, but I prefer to make new Custom Layouts in "Customize Columns" dialog.

Issue #3
"Page Up" & "Page Down" text is hidden when making shortcuts to it in Keyboard Customization dialog and they don't work, I don't know why. I'am using Win 10. I'll re-check if there's another issue with maybe my AutoHotkey scripts or something. I'll be able to test it better when the Dialog is resized, so we'll deal with this minor issue later maybe.

Thank you for fixing Issues 4 and 5 ! :D The first 2 are nasty bugs hampering from making full use of MC, would like them addressed please. :( Maybe someone else can confirm these ? I have tested them on a new V17 fresh copy, the bugs are inherent.

P.S: Included my Column Layouts file (ColumnSets.XML) for you to confirm that making a new Column Layout breaks the Sorted Column from being preserved across re-launches of MC, If I had stuck to the "[Default]" Column Layout and deleted the "My Advanced Tweaks" it would remember the Sorted Column again !

17
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
« on: September 11, 2026, 07:17:06 »
To summarize, these are the 4 issues that remain (the rest I found a way to resolve):
(1) Color Rules Editor is broken, when adding a new rule, it is actually the parent Color Rule with its text populated in the Edit Name box, so a new Color Rule isn't interactable or generated (and cannot be edited or selectable.) (Only trick is to create 2 Rules consecutively (a duplicate copy of a new rule), then one of them will be functional.)
(2) When creating a new Column Layout, the 'File Header Column' gets reset and unsorted on next launch — doesn't remember which column to sort by, if I only use "[Default]" Column Layout then it works, but I can't make use of custom paths with "Valid for all future paths."
(3) Cannot create a Shortcut to Ctrl+PageUp or Ctrl+PageDown in the new "Keyboard Customization" dialog, the added entry shows "Ctrl + " that is, the PageDown/ PageUp text is invisible & not shown/ omitted in the list.
(4) Keyboard Customization dialog should be shorter in height so it fits on 1366x768 resolution laptop screens. (Minor glitch)
(5) Optional: Make the File Column Header right-clickable menu launch when "Mouse" (in the "Quick Look And Feel" settings) is specified as "Windows Explorer" as well, and not just "Commander Style" "Mouse" behavior (I can confirm it doesn't work on "Windows Explorer" "Mouse", only works on "Commander Style" "Mouse").

18
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
« on: September 09, 2026, 21:10:06 »
You cant assign PageUP/Down or they do not work after you assigned ?

When I assign keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + Page Up/Page Down, the entries appear invisible in the list view (see attached screenshot).

File color editing has not been change at all. I don't really understand the issues.. only shows white ? what is shown white..

I'll verify this behavior on a clean install and update accordingly, but I suspect it’s related to a misconfigured "Quick Look & Feel" setting. Even on a fresh copy of MC, the issue persists (see screenshot).

Regarding your earlier question about the background color selection in a Color Rule: the color picker only displays white, which might be due to the inability to create or select a new Color Rule at that time.

Additionally, I discovered a workaround for editing new Color Rules: creating two new rules allows one to become editable and selectable. You can rename and keep that rule, then delete the second one.

P.S. In V17, creating a new Column Layout and adding paths like "C:\ D:\" with "Valid For All Future Paths" causes the sorting column to reset on startup. For example, a previous setting of "Date Ascending" resets to unsorted each launch. The only workaround, similar to V16.2, is to use only the "[Default]" Column Layout with that configuration, though this prevents assigning custom paths with "Valid For All Future Paths."

19
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
« on: September 09, 2026, 14:01:37 »
So what did you do before that did not work ?

I initially selected the default "Windows Explorer" style, but the issue has been resolved; it was an oversight on my part.

Hmm Strange.. for me it works.  Hmm are you running Windows Explorer style mouse/keyboard setup ? Then context menu is then on normal right click. Might be that they collide in the new UI List view

Regarding the context menu behavior, I will investigate the "Commander Mouse/Keyboard" setting, as it seems the right-click menu may not be displaying correctly in that configuration.

will check so that is really save after close on X button.

That would be appreciated, thank you.

P.S. You're correct—selecting "Commander Style" for "Mouse" in the "Quick Look & Feel" options displays the "File Column Header" right-click menu. It might be beneficial to address this as a bug so that the "File Column Header" remains right-clickable even in "Windows Explorer" style.

P.P.S. The overall functionality is now stable; I just need to resize the height of the "Keyboard Customization" dialog. Also, I’m pleased to report the "File Column Header" no longer shrinks randomly as it did in v16.2—further testing will confirm. Thanks, Mathias! Additionally, clicking "Close" on the "Keyboard Customization" dialog and selecting "Yes" has no effect; this should be addressed.

One more issue: Ctrl + Page Up/Page Down are not recognized as valid hotkeys for actions like "Previous Tab" / "Next Tab."

P.P.PS. The File Coloring Rules Editor appears quite buggy in v17. I encountered issues creating and selecting new rules—sometimes clicking on a color in the Color Picker shows only white, and dragging the slider eventually updates the color. This may be related to switching from "Windows Explorer Style Colors" to "Commander Style Colors," though I haven't confirmed this.

20
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
« on: September 09, 2026, 12:53:47 »
1. ? What issue do you get,, I find no issue with right click on column header and select customize columns .. "just opens standard Right-click menu"  You mean the shell context menu ?
2.  I run it in dark mode all the time.. even more dialog support darkmode then before. how do you switch. what is happening ? any error in app log ?
4. Yes dialog is large. Hmm need to present lots of information in that dialog. I see if I can squeeze it a bit..

Issue #2:
Resolved by selecting "Commander Dark Mode" in the "Quick Look & Feel" dialog. The theme now applies correctly. Reminder: ensure to select "Commander Dark Mode" as the color theme on first-time startup to avoid issues. :D

Issue #1:
The right-click context menu for the File Column Header does not appear (see attached screenshots). This appears to be the only bug; other issues are cosmetic. Additionally, in v17, the "Customize Columns" menu and other special menu items fail to launch. This needs to be addressed.

Issue #4:
The dialog height fits the full screen, but a slightly reduced height might enable clicking the "Save" button more reliably. When clicking the Close (X) button, it prompts to save changes; selecting "Yes" appears to work. However, the "Up Arrow" shortcut is not assigned to the "Parent Folder" action, which is inconsistent. I believe adjusting the dialog height could resolve this. Width is acceptable.

21
Beta Releases / Re: MC V17 Early Access PREVIEW
« on: September 09, 2026, 04:59:24 »
V17 Bug Report

(1) Right-clicking the File Column Header does not open the "Customize Columns" context menu, nor do other options in this menu trigger; only the default right-click menu appears. Possibly not implemented yet?

(2) The "Dark Color Theme" option has no effect; aliases, UDC, settings, and toolbar remain in light mode. I selected "Explorer Look & Feel" — this was working as expected in V16.2.

(3) Created a filter rule to highlight folders with a red background (similar to V16.2). Initially, rule did not display correctly. After verifying, color filters are functioning properly—my earlier issue was due to an incorrect path entry ("C:\Users\dell\Downloads\Logs"). Correct path works as intended.

(4) The "Keyboard Shortcut Customization" dialog is too large (height-wise) for my 1366x768 display, likely hiding the "Save" button. If no "Save" button exists, this is acceptable. Additionally, I couldn't assign "Alt+Up Arrow" to the "Parent Folder (Go Up)" shortcut, which is expected since the current shortcut is "Back."

Tested on Win 10.

22
The file view UI component has been completely rewritten for v17, so the issue may already be resolved.
However, since the new component was modeled after the old architecture, the bug might still persist. If that's the case, then I will address it there, provided I can replicate the error.

Alright, will do !

23
File Layout Column Width Keeps Shrinking in V16

In V16, I experienced an issue where the File Layout Column Widths randomly resize. I was forced to delete all custom File Layout templates and revert to the default layout. However, even the default layout still exhibits unexpected resizing when navigating between tabs or upon re-launching MC. I initially expected this to be fixed in V16, but the problem persists.

I need a fixed, permanent File Column Header Layout as defined by my template (configured to include drives C:\, D:\, F:\, G:\, H:\, with "Valid for subpaths").

Currently, I cannot create a new template because of a bug where the selected sorting column is not preserved/remembered, forcing me to delete custom templates and use the default template to retain the sorting column.

I previously reported this here: https://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,5107.0.html

Reproduction steps (approximate):
Switch between tabs and restart MC. Upon relaunch, the File Column Header Widths should reset/shrink — though this behavior appears somewhat random and not guaranteed.

24
Beta Releases / Re: v16.0 Beta
« on: July 18, 2026, 21:03:24 »
When a tab session is loaded, no focus is set. If you use the Tab key to switch between the panels, the address bar is no longer highlighted, making keyboard-only navigation impossible. Only a mouse click resolves the issue.

This happens with all tab sessions in which more than one tab is saved per panel. The issue does not occur with tab sessions that contain only one tab per panel.

You can press Alt+D to focus on the Command Bar. Also sometimes when focus is lost in the Explorer Panel, pressing Home key focuses on the first item.
P.S: My lappy is bricked, don't know when I'll be on again: so far nothing has resolved it, it keeps freezing !
P.P.S: O.K. my laptop is fixed !

25
Nope, can confirm F7 to Create Folder works perfectly for me —tested in Build 3176 Portable Edition (Win 10 Enterprise.)
Nice work on the Icon Override issue, Mathias, also works as expected ! 8)
Under Configuration > Keyboard Customization > Select "Explorer Panel", you should see the entry "Create Folder" and assigned to "F7" hotkey.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9