Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - JBG2963

Pages: [1]
1
Thank you for your reply. I seemed to figure out how to replicate my original issue. The problem only occurs if you have a file tree displayed. If a file tree is not displayed all worked as it should.

My apologies, but I always keep the file tree displayed. I decided to try it without it, so having the file tree displayed seems to be the problem. At least, for me.

2
I've installed the latest portable version into a new folder and experienced the same problem as I previously described.

3
Support and Feedback / Re: Empty Tip of the Day displayed blank
« on: September 19, 2026, 23:04:45 »
When UPDATING to the latest portable version, Tip #29 is blank again. See screenshot. When INSTALLING the latest portable into a new different folder, the tip does display correctly.

4
Hi!

I'm still having problems with what I reported in my initial posting. Please note that I'm using the Multi Commander portable application.

Please advise.

Thank you very much!

5
You should not need to exit for the settings to save.. it should save directly when the settings is change.
   Correct. The settings do save directly when settings is changed.

That what I trying to understand if it save it or not then.
   Yes. They did save.

When exit.. it also save if needed.
  This too works. When I exit, Multi Commander minimizes.

When MC is in tray and you exit. MC is normally not closed, just minimized. so no save is done then
   When I click the 'X' in Multi Commander; MC minimizes [as expected]; and MC is in the system tray and when I right-click the MC icon [see screenshot], I select 'Close Multi Commander'; MC flashes on the screen and closes [as expected], but the settings seem to reset then.

6
So when you change the settings.. did it save it first and then cleared it one exit  ?
  YES. You must exit via the system tray icon.

Or did it not save it at all when you pressed apply (or clicked on the toolbar to toggle it)
 It did save when I pressed apply or clicked on the toolbar to toggle it, but the problem here is the file explorer pane always shows the hidden system files and folders. See screenshot.

7
Thank you for your reply. I re-tested what I reported originally and was able to re-create the problem. See screenshot.

I only had one instance of Multi Commander open. When open, it appears the problem happens when I exit Multi Commander then close Multi Commander from the system tray. It does work correctly if you only exit Multi Commander and NOT close Multi Commander in the system tray.

Please advise.

Thank you.

8
Problem: When the two options 'Show hidden Files and Folders' and 'Show system files and folders' are not checked, the hidden and system files and folders still display.

Steps taken:
  1.  Under 'Explorer Panel Settings', I searched for system under the display tab.
  2.  I then checked the two options -  'Show hidden files and folders' and 'Show system files and folders'; the hidden and system files and folders were displayed, as expected.
  3.  I then unchecked the two options and the hidden and system files and folders did not display, as expected.
  4.  I then exited Multi Commander; right-click icon in the system tray.
  5.  I then ran Multi Commander again; the two options 'Show hidden files and folders' and 'Show system files and folders' are not checked, as expected, but the hidden and system files and folders still displayed, which is incorrect.

Please advise.

Thank you.

9
I'm running the latest Multi Commander Portable version. I checked the registry and entries are being still being created. For a portable version, all values should be created on the individual PC. In addition, there are two registry entries - one for Multi Commander and the other is MultiCommander. See attachment.

10
I just experienced an infected MultiCommander.exe message in Norton 360. I uploaded the file to VirusTotoal.com and all checked out fine. See attachments.

Using Multi Commander - Portable (x64) v16.2 (build 3205) - Date of build : Aug 19 2026

11
Support and Feedback / Empty Tip of the Day displayed blank
« on: August 20, 2026, 20:21:10 »
Hi,

I just started up Multi Commander - Portable (x64) v16.2 (build 3205) - Date of build : Aug 19 2026 and the 'Tip of the day - #29 - Copy/Move Plugins' did not display any wording. 'Tip Of the day - #30 - Keyboard Customization.' displayed fine. See attachments.

Please advise.

Thanks,
JBG2963

12
Hi,

I'm new with using Multi Commander - Portable (x64) v16.2 (build 3205) - Date of build : Aug 19 2026. What I did was create a new Favorites Quick Path. The stars along with the same shortcut numbers and names were duplicated. Is this the way the software should work? If not, it's a bug. I've attached a screenshot.

Please advise.

Thank you,
JBG2963

Pages: [1]