Author Topic: Shark CAD slows Multicommander Tab Loading speed extremely down  (Read 7287 times)

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
I guess MC and Shark CAD won't work together. Maybe this programs using the same windows features....... Thats not good. Hoping devs won't using such windows resources.

Now i use only 3 instances. Thats enough. The third instance is for loading different tab layouts and the first and second are my main working space. MC is still the best.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 12:09:24 by Matthias515566 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Shark CAD slows Multicommander Tab Loading speed extremely down
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 13:34:38 »
MC do not do anything strange with the UI, most of it is standard UI components, and MC do not hook it self into windows and do be able to do strange stuff.

if you run a old Windows like XP there is a limit of the number of UI components that windows can create. And when you reach the end, creating new is really slow. and CAD software are know to use a lot of UI resources.

I know that chrome did something strange a couple of years ago, that cause slow down in creating new tabs, Chrome did something so when Windows was creating new standard UI components is took 10x longer if chrome was openen. But it affected all program, But it was noticed a lot in MC because MC created a lot of those UI components.
Maybe SharkCAD is doing something like that too. 

But there is not much MC can do.. MC do not use any "dirty" tricks, or unsupported APIs and stuff that can cause issue.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 12:59:37 »
MC create a new UI when loading a new tab? This is why it take longer when some oter programs open.  I use Windows 10 16/7 64 bit. In Windows XP was never such Problems! I have destroyed my Windows XP Installation by accident, thats the only reason for using windows 10. Now i have 16 GB Ram and its not enough..... I make sometimes some Computersupport for other people and there is a PCwith windows XP yet today in 2017 and this machine run and run and run without problems and also with CAD software. We have there also Firefox and avast for internet security....  No Virus in 3 Years out of microsoft support. Windows XP is my egypt-land, maybe sometimes i install a new machine with windows XP. At Time i use it in a virtualbox, and i have by myself yet  a hardware based installation which i only use for Nero and making copying music -CDs (not illegal private copy).
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 13:08:52 by Matthias515566 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 13:43:36 »
MC create a new UI when loading a new tab? This is why it take longer when some oter programs open.  I use Windows 10 16/7 64 bit. In Windows XP was never such Problems! I have destroyed my Windows XP Installation by accident, thats the only reason for using windows 10. Now i have 16 GB Ram and its not enough.....

If you create a new tab, Then new UI is of course created. normally when creating new UI it is done very very fast, no noticeable delay. But with the chrome issue it caused an issue where it took 1 to 1,5s  instead of 25ms,
BUT if this is the case with SharkCAD I do not know. might be that it cause some other kind of conflict. or that it is not the UI that is slowing it done. Might be something else. I dont know.
I do not use or have SharkCAD so I don't know if this is just a one machine issue or a common issue with shark.

All I can say is that MC is not doing any dirty tricks and doing anything that is considered 'bad' when creating its UI.

OT: And Don't get me started on XP, XP needs to go away. But that a totally different story :)