Author Topic: How to set Font on Preview Panel and Tooltip for FileTextContent-Tag?..  (Read 377 times)

tbone

• View Profile
Hello there! o)

I'm new here and new to Multi Commander as well, I played with MC for some days.. Now I have some questions, maybe you can help? Thank you in advance! o) I attached a screenshot of a preview tooltip and the preview panel showing the same file content.

Is there a way to set the font used for the FileTextContent-Tag?

In the preview tooltip, the font being used seems to be Tahoma/8, which I set basically everywhere in MC for now, in the preview panel though, the font seems to be "New Courier/10". I am quite ok with "New Courier", but not at size 10, it looks squished! o)

It would be nice if there was a way to set "New Courier/9" for the FileTextContent-Tag, which is being used in both types of previews, is that possible somehow?

Thank you! o)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 12:23:51 by tbone »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
No currently the font can't be changed there.
The size can be set in the template , but in % .. eg 100%, 90% and so on.

tbone

• View Profile
As probably already mentioned in the other thread, setting the font size in the template does not seem to have an effect on the preview panel, it only seems to affect the tooltip.

Here is a screenshot demonstrating what happens, when I set the FontSize to "80", only the text in the tooltip gets smaller.

Thank you! o)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2024, 00:21:01 by tbone »

tbone

• View Profile
Talking tooltips: Is there a setting to affect the regular tooltip somehow? Especially the position it opens on?
It always opens directly over the filename column, hiding all the filenames below, in contrast to the preview tooltip, which opens at the mouse cursor position.

tbone

• View Profile
Here is the preview tooltip position in comparison to the general tooltip. This has more flexible positioning, as it opens at mouse pointer position, which allows to control where it opens, so other filenames and information is not hidden.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
As probably already mentioned in the other thread, setting the font size in the template does not seem to have an effect on the preview panel, it only seems to affect the tooltip.

Here is a screenshot demonstrating what happens, when I set the FontSize to "80", only the text in the tooltip gets smaller.

Thank you! o)

Ok maybe, Showing text content in preview handler is redirected to the MultiDataViewerControl. it is not just static text. it is a full viewer there.. so might be that it does not pick up the font size
« Last Edit: June 27, 2024, 08:39:30 by Mathias (Author) »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Talking tooltips: Is there a setting to affect the regular tooltip somehow? Especially the position it opens on?
It always opens directly over the filename column, hiding all the filenames below, in contrast to the preview tooltip, which opens at the mouse cursor position.

No settings, I think.. showing full information in tooltip can be a bit large.

tbone

• View Profile
I don't want to show all information in the regular tooltip, I was just talking about the positioning. Not sure what you mean, but ok! Thank you! o)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
I don't want to show all information in the regular tooltip, I was just talking about the positioning. Not sure what you mean, but ok! Thank you! o)
You can set so tooltip is only shown if the filename is too short to be shown completely.

tbone

• View Profile
Ah, yes.. I played with that setting. Yes, I think it's better to not have that static regular tooltip in the way, if it's not needed, thank you!

I changed the setting!
I am surprised now, that the tooltip for truncated items is a totally different type. It only shows the name, but ok, I can live with that. o)

Thank you!