Author Topic: Unpacking multiple files in password-protected RAR archives  (Read 8375 times)

gezley

• View Profile
Hi,

I would like to be able to unpack multiple files and folders (but not all files and folders) from password-protected RAR (versions 4 and 5) archives.

Is there a way of selecting these files and folders cumulatively so that I can do this in one go, without having to enter the password each time?

I have tried Saving Selection to {Memory,File} but I don't really understand how this works. If I save a selection in one subfolder and then save a selection in another subfolder how do I then copy these selected files and folders in the archive to the opposite pane with just one password prompt?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:49:57 by gezley »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Unpacking multiple files in password-protected RAR archives
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 10:29:34 »
No that  it is currently not possible. It would require MC to remember the password and store the password for future usage.
Would maybe be possible to add so unpack from script can use password

Saving Selection to memory/file just saves in what files you have selected so that you later can use load selections from memory, and the selection of the files are restored.
Are used when you are selected the same files often, So then you can select them a lot faster.

gezley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 11:03:26 »
Thank you Mathias. I will learn how MC scripting works and implement it that way.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 11:42:54 »
Don't try yet :)

I said. "Would maybe be possible to add so unpack from script can use password"
It is not supported yet. But will be in the future if I'm able to add support for that

gezley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 12:08:39 »
Oh I see! I misunderstood. Thanks again.