Author Topic: Parameter documentation  (Read 7003 times)

rswea

• View Profile
Parameter documentation
« on: September 25, 2014, 00:07:01 »
I am brand new to Multi Commander after having used a number of other tabbed file managers over the years, some of which are no longer under development.  My initial impressions are good, but I need some guidance to make more progress.

I have walked through a lot of customization of the settings which include adding multiple tabs to the left panel, setting the lock attributes and even changing tab colors.

I was attempting to create a startup INI file using the -F command.  However, while I have found users directing others to http://multicommander.com/docs/commandlineparameters to learn about command line parameters, this only provides a few examples and does not include any definitions for those examples.  i.e. Locked=1|0, but I want the parameter(s) for Locked Tab and Locked Tab - allow subpath change.  And what specifically does 1|0 indicate to the program?

Where can I find a complete list of the possible parameters along with their definitions?

Thanks in advance.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Parameter documentation
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 06:51:45 »
1|0 mean that the value can be 1 or 0. 1 being On and 0 Off.

There is no complete list. Not all of the parameters are documented. But most of the parameters that are normally loaded at startup for the tab can be used.
For example see the registry at
 REG:\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MultiCommander\SessionHistory\a4c2985d9c7e4035a3221cfd600171d0\AutoLoad\0

(Of if you are running portable version you have similar setup under the config folder)

rswea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 15:41:50 »
OK.  Is there any list besides the brief one on the command line parameters link?

And, is there anything providing definitions of the options that would apply to each parameter?  I realize 1 and 0 as on and off, but I'm sure there may be others that aren't so straightforward.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 17:44:34 »
Sorry. No,  As I said. Not all parameters are documented. Only documentation there is, is what you find at the link you have. I have not had the time to create some documentation of all of the parameters.

Valid values for most of the parameters should be obvious.  Just do some changes and exit and check the auto load settings in the registry and see what changes.
Should not be to hard to figure out what can be set.