Author Topic: Does MC always use Windows internal copying function  (Read 7303 times)

koemyndo

• View Profile
Does MC always use Windows internal copying function
« on: February 09, 2015, 20:22:39 »
Does MC file or folder copying (from the MC explorer UI - or - toolbar) only use the Windows native copy function (here, Vista)?

Or does MC provide any additional copying benefits over just using Windows?  (other than convenience when the MC explorer is already open)?
For one, any possibility for MC to verify copying results against the original?

I've used FastCopy - & it seems to work, but hasn't been updated since 2012?
It's not good at - plainly - showing details of both the source & destination files, and asking for confirmation - before you copy.
If you press Ctrl + Execute, it shows only the source path / file name & destination path.  No file properties, etc.

Been very long time since I looked at TeraCopy.  It may be much better (now) than the sorta abandoned FastCopy?
? Maybe there are now other copying utilities that I haven't seen - "better" than Teracopy or FastCopy?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Does MC always use Windows internal copying function
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 08:23:30 »
MC almost never uses Windows Native copy. only when doing for copy / paste since that are Windows actions

MC support a lot more then normal copy from Windows like
FileOperations plugins that : Auto Unpack archives
FileOperations plugins that : Copy the folder content with out creating parent folder
FileOperations plugins that : Auto sort the file being copy to A-Z/0-9 folders
Also you can tweak all the read/write options and flags that is provided by windows.
Additional copy operations can be queue to an existing file operation
Keeping of folder dates
Filtering (Include and excluding)
Scripting
Presets quick access to setup
Pause/Continue
and more

(Verify during copy is on the list.. but not added yet.. but there are tool included to do that afterward manually)