Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

Path failures silently ignored, should display reason

<< < (2/2)

dbareis:
With my non-admin account on WINXP SP3 I tried "\\NoSuchComputer\c$" and  "\\PingableButSecureComputer\c$" and both of these failed, the first after an extended period of time (would be nice if the app pinged it first), the second quickly.  No error messages were displayed. No prompts for credentials. 

Just to clarify it its needed (I just started using the app)  I am typing this into the Address Tab's field. Is there any logging I can turn on? I tried to turn on the "logging" core setting, but if its logging i don't know where, tried looking for a log file in "%TEMP%" as well as the app tree.

Jungle:

--- Quote from: dbareis on July 20, 2011, 01:51:59 ---I tried to turn on the "logging" core setting, but if its logging i don't know where, tried looking for a log file in "%TEMP%" as well as the app tree.
--- End quote ---
On WinXP non-portable MC holds log files in the %userprofile%\Application data\MultiCommander\Logs

Mathias (Author):
I done some test it it looks like sometimes to fails silently. and sometime you get a login dialog. Don't know why you don't get a login dialog evertime. However it if it fails it should not to it silently. So that is something I will change.

Activating logging does not do anything. There is not logging around the network connection code. Might be a good to also implement that.

I will take a look at the entire network thing. And make sure it handles errors better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version