Author Topic: FileSearch Content RegExp Case-Sensitivity  (Read 6140 times)

kekz

• View Profile
FileSearch Content RegExp Case-Sensitivity
« on: March 04, 2015, 09:10:12 »
Hi!
it seems to me that the case-sensitivity flag in the file search dialog is not working intuitively. I search with a file pattern and a regular expression filter for the file content. The "Case sensitive" checkbox is unchecked, but nevertheless it does case-sensitive matching. I only find the relevant files if I respect the correct cases in my regexp.

I assume that the case sensitive checkbox is not linked with the regex mode? Would it be possible to trigger the corresponding regex flag in the background depending on the setting of case-sensitivity? This would be very intuitive and helpful, since I don't see a way of providing regex flags to the filter.

Best regards

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: FileSearch Content RegExp Case-Sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 09:09:35 »
I might be some issue with the options and regex. Not sure..

Can you give me an example with a regex and a text that it should match and one that should not. I can then investigate this issue easier.

kekz

• View Profile
Re: FileSearch Content RegExp Case-Sensitivity
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 17:15:16 »
Hi Mathias,

Code: [Select]
example.txt :
Abc

Look for: *.txt
File Content: abc
RegExp (x)

File is not found, no matter how "Case sensitive" is set. Of course it is found by "[Aa]bc".

I know that regex are case-sensitive by default, but there is also no possibility to explicitly set the regex to insensitive.