Author Topic: Copy Paste / CTRL+C CTRL+V with Outlook.  (Read 11001 times)

jpavel76

• View Profile
Copy Paste / CTRL+C CTRL+V with Outlook.
« on: March 23, 2015, 17:30:32 »
I have one more issue with MC. I need often copy emails and Attached files from outlook.

Al works fine if I Drag & Drop or when using RightClick+Copy RightClick+Paste.

But as a fan of Keyboard I prefer often CTRL+C and CTRL+V. When copying email from Outlook I get a window "Save Clipboard". If I cancel that the email is saved properly. On OK, it saves TXT clipboard data - not original format.
Copying attachment results in "no operation" - simply nothing happens. Pasting immediately after into Windows Explorer copies the file normally.

Is it normal behavior or something wrong with my settings ?
Thanks Jan.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Copy Paste / CTRL+C CTRL+V with Outlook.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 18:50:26 »
MC has a feature that if there are TEXT or IMAGE (like print screen for screenshots) data in the clipboard it will allow that to be saved to the disk when doing Ctrl+V.

So I suspect that when you do Ctrl+C in Outlook , Outlook put all kind of different data into the clipboard. And TEXT is one of them. (Else that dialog would not show up)

So the data that outlook put into the clipboard is creating some kind of conflict with MC

jpavel76

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 17:16:59 »
I tested the clipboard and you're right, outlook stores the email headers as a text. With copying attachments it stores empty text. That would explain the behavior.
Nevertheless, is it somehow possible to switch off this feature and keep standard windows functionality ?

Thanks Jan.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 07:42:54 »
Well It is not possible to turn it off.. But I might be able to add so the Windows Shell Paste command can be called by a script command. then it is possible to create a UserCommand then you can assign Ctrl+V to that command instead.

jpavel76

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 08:31:40 »
Would be great, thanks Jan.  :)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 18:15:22 »
Try the latest beta. (Build 1917+)

There is a custom command "MC.ShellPaste" with a optional PATH parameter (If you want to paste to fixed located else it will use current active path )

jpavel76

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 11:32:01 »
Thanks,
I am trying, but cannot get it working. I am still getting the "Save Clipboard" dialog. Are these settings OK ? I am not familiar with the scripting much. I always tried also restarting.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 13:36:32 »
Thanks,
I am trying, but cannot get it working. I am still getting the "Save Clipboard" dialog. Are these settings OK ? I am not familiar with the scripting much. I always tried also restarting.
It is a custom command so don't call it as a via MultiScript if you do not really need to .
And I don'tput it on Ctrl+V since it will create internals conflicts with the standard paste command. Will work sometimes but not always.

jpavel76

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 10:07:12 »
Aha,

I maybe misunderstood your proposal.
it is possible to create a UserCommand then you can assign Ctrl+V to that command instead.
For me the aim was to have CTRL+V as standard windows paste.  I will probably not learn to paste with different key command only for MC.
Thanks for your efforts though ;)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 10:59:36 »
Ctrl+V works the first time it is set but is overwritten when restarting since it collides with internals behaviors.