Author Topic: Folder Deletion Issues and a couple Questions  (Read 6683 times)

darklight_tr

• View Profile
Folder Deletion Issues and a couple Questions
« on: April 23, 2015, 22:40:03 »
Hi!  I just discovered Multi Commander and really like it so far.  I'm using v5.1.1 build 1926 Portable x64 with full rights to the folder containing Multi Commander.

I've run into a few issues and have a couple questions.

Questions:

• Is there any way to disable the delete file/folder permanently dialog when trying to delete a file/folder from a network drive?  Every option I've tried hasn't managed to disabled this.
  • Why is the behavior different when you hit the del key on keyboard vs right clicking on the file/folder and selecting delete from the context menu?

Issues:

• When Delete to recycle bin is enabled, you can't delete non-empty folders on a network drive.
  • Related to my question, if I delete a file from a network drive using the del key, I can configure Multi Commander where I won't be prompted to delete it.  If I use right-click, then delete from the context menu, I receive a prompt no matter how Multi Commander is configured.

Basically, I want to disable any prompts for file and folder operations besides overwrite prompts.  I've been able to successfully set that with other file managers, but I can't figure out the correct options in Multi Commander to have the same behavior.

Thanks for a great program!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Folder Deletion Issues and a couple Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 08:00:09 »
Is there any way to disable the delete file/folder permanently dialog when trying to delete a file/folder from a network drive?  Every option I've tried hasn't managed to disabled this.
Under Core Settings, And in there under the FileSystem tab, Under Delete there is an Tweak option.
Use it at your own risk. you will not be warned about files being deleted.

Why is the behavior different when you hit the del key on keyboard vs right clicking on the file/folder and selecting delete from the context menu?
The shell context menu is the standard shell menu (aka Windows Explorer.) so delete there and Windows Explorer it doing the delete

When Delete to recycle bin is enabled, you can't delete non-empty folders on a network drive.
Works for me. Might be a permission issue. Or the networked server might not be Windows and not support it. (Aka linux/nas)

Related to my question, if I delete a file from a network drive using the del key, I can configure Multi Commander where I won't be prompted to delete it.  If I use right-click, then delete from the context menu, I receive a prompt no matter how Multi Commander is configured
See first answer.