Author Topic: Microsoft Excel files slow to open in Windows Explorer  (Read 6989 times)

paul.leadbeater@gmail.com

• View Profile
 :(There is a problem with Microsoft Office Excel 2010.

Double clicking on Excel files results in a 10 second delay before Excel opens and the file opens.
I have tried numerous suggested fixes for this problem but all to no avail.

Having now installed your Multi Commander, I find that Excel files open perfectly, as do all the other Office format files.

Thank you very much Multi Commander - you have effectively solved the problem for me and also provided what looks like a much more efficient file explorer facility.

:( Thought it was too good to be true - Excel's 10 second delay is back!  Multi Commander hasn't solved this problem but, I still think it's much better than Windows Explorer
I still endorse the use of MC.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 12:00:36 by paul.leadbeater@gmail.com »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Microsoft Excel files slow to open in Windows Explorer
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 10:34:25 »
Multi Commander don't do any special handling of Excel. When you double click to run a file (xls or other).  MC will check if you configured something your self for that file type in FileType Setup. (See Menu > Config > FileType Setup -> Run tab) if nothing is configured there. The execution of the file will be handed of to Windows. MC will just tell Windows to run that file with the program Windows got associated with that file type.

So if Excel starts slow. It is out of the control of MC.