Author Topic: Locked Files Viewing and sorting  (Read 5766 times)

Gerry

• View Profile
Locked Files Viewing and sorting
« on: October 30, 2015, 11:21:48 »
Is there a fast way of finding locked files within a directory, and also within sub folders in that directory?

I can do a visual inspection of the individual files to see the locked ones, which allows me to make any changes, but this is time consuming when several thousand are involved, but this is impossible when several hundred sub folders are also involved.

Looking in the Forum, I found the Flat Files System View, this allows me to scan the files in the sub folders, but again very time consuming, and easy to miss given that the lock symbol is hidden under the file name icon.

Consequently I was looking at a sort option for locked files ............. but can’t find one, is there a way of just getting the locked files both within and outside of the sub folders to display on their own?

The Background is that these are music files that are now being used as part of a home streaming project
Thanks

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Locked Files Viewing and sorting
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 12:10:06 »
If a file is in use or not is not a properties and require that all processes on the system is scanned. so it is very slow.

But In the tools menu there is a Find opened/locked files

And you enter a path and it will list all processes that have a hold on files that have that path
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:30:14 by Mathias (Author) »