Author Topic: Sample Rate column - does it work?  (Read 8167 times)

JayNYC

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Sample Rate column - does it work?
« on: March 03, 2016, 04:10:51 »
Hi.  So I've added the Sample Rate column (Hz) but it does not show any values for FLAC or AIFF files.  Is this working as intended?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Sample Rate column - does it work?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 07:54:50 »
Yes. it works.. But MC is getting that information using a 3de party library. Not sure about AIFF but Flac should be support by that lib.

JayNYC

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 13:56:27 »
I only see Sample Rate populate for MP3, not for any of the other major audio file types
See attachments.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 14:46:33 »
Maybe there are different versions of flac. I dont know. I dont know much about flac.
MC only support what the lib support, and if it is blank it is not support.

MP3 works..

JayNYC

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 00:40:24 »
Hi again.  Would you be willing to share which library you are currently using?  "MP3 only" support is extremely limited/limiting.   

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 11:43:44 »
It should support flac and many more.  Maybe there is a newer version that works better.. Was a while ago since it was updated. 
I will add a note on my list about it and as soon I get some time over I will check it.

Isabelxxx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 19:04:46 »
It's also broken in Total Commander, maybe you are using the same libs... (?)

You could also look for the official libs instead of 3rd party support, which would let you (or the user) replace them in the future easily.
https://xiph.org/flac/api/

Or the cue tools libs, which include Flac, Lame for Mp3, Wavpack, Ape, ... already compiled and ready to use (64 & 32 bit dlls)
https://sourceforge.net/p/cuetoolsnet/code/ci/default/tree/
http://www.cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools_Download

PD: Also some of these formats (Flac for ex.) are capable of storing MD5 signatures related only to the musical content and not the "tags", known as Flac Fingerprint Files. I work with them regularly.

Using the official libs it would not be difficult to use multicommander as a gui for them via commands and perform audio file checksums wich would be great. Or even integrated in the file checksum plugin.

The only program who does that is called "The trader's little helper" but is totally outdated. I now use my own set of scripts to do it but it would be a really interesting option that could attract many users in the future from Audio Forums.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 19:10:21 by Isabelxxx »