Author Topic: Please Add Option so we can chose to Delete files without confirmation  (Read 8722 times)

sickOfMS

• View Profile
I was reading this topic
http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,823.msg2411.html#msg2411

and I can't believe it is closed !?!? And explanation is 'we'll never do it because we have too many dumb users other" ... but what about other users that are not dumb ? Because they are minority you'll ignore them ???

Why don't let as be free to chose please please please ?
Why is it a problem to have an option simply let us chose to have confirmation or not. Of course make it by default whatever you want i.e. "Yes ask for confirmation for each delete".

I love multi commander. I tried 'Freecommander XE', explorer++, double commander, xyplorer and Multi Commander is the best to my taste and exactly because it leaves me the most liberty and choices comparing to others. But there is this small veeery anoying thing. I don't want to be asked each time I delete file(s)/folder(s) ... please please simple easy to do setting in 'explorer panel settings'.

sickOfMS

• View Profile
I am using multicommander as portable x64 v6.0 build 2118
and here are attached my settings.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
There is a problem with a easy option like that because some sucker will enable it and mess up and blame me.

But you can get around it

Create a new command ( Menu > Configuration > User Defined Commands )

Set command type to "CustomCommands"
As command enter "MC.Explorer.Delete NODIALOG" 

Save command and assign to Key/Menu

Then in Core Settings under FileSystem tab.. turn off all Delete confirmation.

Remember the default option for delete is in use. (Core > FileSystem > Delete ).
so if the settings "Delete to recycle bin" is OFF..  Then a real delete is done.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 22:03:40 by Mathias (Author) »

sickOfMS

• View Profile
ah that is great thank you so much !
The only problem is when I created command I can't associate "DELETE" key to that command.
I tried but it always defaults to the standard 'delete' not my command. Although if I do take some other key e.g. "CTRL+;" it then works :(
I am so used to delete hitting 'del' key :/

BTW is there a way to add 2nd command for delete immediately without moving it to recycle bin ?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
There are some conflict with some deep internal command. So the overwrite of them does not survive restart

There is a bad workaround for it..
Run command at startup. (auto or manually) and have that command do dynamic binding with MC.BindKey
( http://multicommander.com/docs/customcommands_list#mc.bindkey )
(Yes bad solution.. I know. )

No the MC.Explorer.Delete command do not support any change of options.  It is on my list.
But require a bit of redesign so it been pushed forward for a bit.

sickOfMS

• View Profile
Well then easier is to add setting but simply not expose it in UI so I'd manually edit config.xml file and add that ... I can't understand why you're afraid of someone turning that option on and blaming you ... if someone jumps over the bridge you can't blame a guy who built the bridge for that.
You can popup warning if someone changes that in UI and tell him not to blame you if he turns that nagging confirmation off.