Author Topic: Small bug when selecting multiple files with rectangle  (Read 6911 times)

tommynator

• View Profile
Small bug when selecting multiple files with rectangle
« on: July 10, 2017, 13:26:22 »
Hi,

first of all thanks for your work and the great tool.

I noticed a small bug concerning the selection of multiple files:

1. Initial position: Some file is selected.
2. Now I want to select some file from the bottom of the file list. For that I position my mouse cursor into the free space below the file list.
3. Then I click and hold the left mouse button and select the files from the bottom.
-> Here is the problem: The commander not only selects the files within the rectangle, but keeps the initially selected file selected (although I don't hold the CTRL key).

The correct (Windows-like) behaviour should be: As soon as I press the left mouse button (without holding CTRL), the initially selected file should be unselected. This works, if I don't start dragging the mouse from the empty space, but from another file. But if I start the dragging from the empty space, the initially selected file is still selected :-(

As it may be a little bit hard to describe this problem only in words,I have attached an GIF which shows you the problem :-)

Regards,
Thomas

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Small bug when selecting multiple files with rectangle
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 13:43:16 »
It depends on what default setup you selected.

If you selected Windows Explorer style. (or you changed the config around selection) then they other will be unselected
In Commander style files are not automatically unselected.

tommynator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 14:14:54 »
Thanks for the quick reply!
But I have selected the Windows Style and still the file remains selected :-(

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 15:29:21 »
If I go to quick setup in the config menu and select Windows.  and then restart MC..
then I can't get that behavior, the selections are cleared if you select something else unless you hold ctrl

Select some files. when I do range selection the selected are unselected

Then you must have modified some of the selections settings.
The Quick setup for Windows/Commander style changes some of the settings. and if you afterward go and changes those settings you will modify how it works..

tommynator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 15:49:45 »
Does it work for you, even if you start the rectangle from the empty space below the file list?

I have uploaded an example gif, where it works for me - but here, the selection rectangle does not start from the free space below the file list, but from a file.

Oliwally

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 11:32:38 »
+ 1 

I get the same behaviour tommynator is describing with the Windows Explorer Compatibility look and feel