Author Topic: dragging a file over the tabs area.  (Read 8737 times)

Jean

• Contributor
    • View Profile
dragging a file over the tabs area.
« on: September 15, 2020, 19:57:46 »
Hi,
I do this often, drag a file from somewhere into another program, browser etc.
When the drag crosses the tabs area, the tab changes to where to mouse crosses there.  Now i have to aim my drag so it crosses the current tab.  If i don't do that, another tab gets focus which is not what i want. I hope you can understand.
Thanks.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: dragging a file over the tabs area.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 12:00:13 »
That is by design. That is so you can drag files to folders located another tab
Currently you can not turn that off. maybe can be added

Jean

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 12:53:51 »
Yes i thought that would be the reason. I had opus installed, that one did not change the tab and still did copy to another tab, i don't have it installed anymore so i can't check.
An option for this would be great! Thanks.

Jean

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 20:24:15 »
Maybe you could make it so that if you press shift when dragging, it won't change the tab. That way one would have both ways.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 20:33:49 »
Maybe you could make it so that if you press shift when dragging, it won't change the tab. That way one would have both ways.
It is planned. This is just the first step of it..  To do that more changes in other places was needed.. but it is coming ;)

Jean

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2020, 07:24:50 »
You can see me jumping in the air now :)

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 09:31:20 »
Dragging between tabs in MC is not necessary. Drag and drop is needed to the windows Taskbar to put more than one files in some programs. Drag and drop over the windows Taskbar is more important than over the MC Tab Bar.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 09:57:55 »
Dragging between tabs in MC is not necessary. Drag and drop is needed to the windows Taskbar to put more than one files in some programs. Drag and drop over the windows Taskbar is more important than over the MC Tab Bar.
Eh ? Not sure what you mean.. MC does not control how Windows handles the TaskBar.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 10:31:35 »
Eh ? Not sure what you mean.. MC does not control how Windows handles the TaskBar.
But MC Control how the MC-Tabs working for Drag and Drop. Beware Off Topic: My Taskbar is always invisible and when i go with the mouse to the place where my taskbar is, the taskbar stay in the background. Only Win+T or closing all windows make the taskbar visible. (This configuration is only possible with 7+ taskbar tweaker) This help me to use the full screen without being disturbed from a taskbar-popup. But this is off topic, sorry. /off topic

My Tabs in MC are on the bottom and my taskbar is on top of the screen, therefore i have no such Problems like jean.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 10:33:16 by Matthias515566 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 11:04:41 »
But MC Control how the MC-Tabs working for Drag and Drop. Beware Off Topic: My Taskbar is always invisible and when i go with the mouse to the place where my taskbar is, the taskbar stay in the background. Only Win+T or closing all windows make the taskbar visible. (This configuration is only possible with 7+ taskbar tweaker) This help me to use the full screen without being disturbed from a taskbar-popup. But this is off topic, sorry. /off topic

My Tabs in MC are on the bottom and my taskbar is on top of the screen, therefore i have no such Problems like jean.
Not sure how the taskbar comes in here. The problem is when you have multiple tabs open in a panel in MC and you are dragging files another place (outside of MC or from another panel in MC) then when the mouse goes over the tab area in MC the active tab are changing.   Not sure how having the taskbar at the top solves that problem.

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 12:28:50 »
Thats because i use 100% dragging over the windows Taskbar. (You can drag your selected files to the taskbar icon and the target programm will popup and you can move this files in this way into the other program. For a single file is this not needed, only for many files which can be sometimes only in this way all together opened in another Program.) I do  not make 2 small windows on my desktop for dragging, this is to much "klickibunti". But Dragging is anyway klickibunti...... Sorry Klickibunti is german and mean so much like non professional.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 12:40:19 by Matthias515566 »