Author Topic: v10.3 - BETA  (Read 261 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
v10.3 - BETA
« on: January 07, 2021, 17:21:30 »
Current UserDefinedCommand will be auto converted to a new format.
The old UDC file was UserDefinedCommands.xml and it will be rename to UserDefinedCommands.xml.bak-Migrated
So if you revert back to old version. You need to rename that file to get back your commands

The new version store UDC Scripts in Config/Scripts/ Script can be seperate *.udc file or bundled together as a zip.
They can also be organized in folders. Script/Examples/Examples.zip contains examples script.
If modifed then do not keep them inside the zip. since this zip will be update on new versions.

Release v10.3 - Build 2751 - 7-Jan-2021

ADDED - MultiCommander.exe CommandLine command /OPEN now support more paramters  /PANEL=Left|Right|Active|Source|Target and /NONEWTAB is added
   ADDED - MultiCommander.exe CommandLine command /QUIT to exit current running instance
   FIXED - CommandLine field will now try to do auto complete on paths when starting to type.
   FIXED - MultiDataViewer - HyperLink in text that was formatted was not always clickable
   FIXED - MultiDataViewer - Text Formatting that formated text to end on line. did not block formatting that was inside.
   FIXED - MultiDataViewer - Text with multiple formatting sometimes lost formatting when parts was selected
   FIXED - MultiDataViewer - Sometimes crashed if selection was done over part with multiple formats
   ADDED - Minor Redisgned to UserDefinedCommands dialog (TreeView and Icons and DarkMode Support)
   ADDED - Example script is included in release
   ADDED - Old UserDefinedCommand scripts will be migrated to scripts/*.udc script files
   ADDED - UserDefinedCommands can now be loaded from zip
   ADDED - UserDefinedCommands file format changed.
   FIXED - Tweaked detection if file is binary during content search and file viewer
   FIXED - Minor tweak and code cleanup
   FIXED - 3 Stability Issues

AlanJB

• Power Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: v10.3 - BETA
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 17:11:07 »
Hi Mathias.

Yesterday I updated my test environment (portable 64-bit) to 10.3 and there was an issue:  The Examples.zip file was created as a 49 byte (broken) xml file containing only

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config/>

???

I would like to know your thinking behind the (big) change to scripts.  For example, it is now impossible to edit MultiScripts within MC?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 01:34:24 »
eh that is strange..it should not be xml.
the example file is a zip with couple of script included . so not sure how it can be 49 bytes and xml..
the current script will be converted into seperate files in the script folder.. they will still be possible to edit them. From inside MC there should be no differnce.
only the way they are saved to disk are changed.

AlanJB

• Power Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 11:21:17 »

Yes, I was surprised!  I was able to extract Examples.zip from the portable installer.

OK - I see why I thought that MultiScripts could not be edited:  The .UDC files store only a reference to the (external) files my scripts are exported to.

Still can't see why the storage method was changed.  The rest of the app uses .xml config storage...

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 17:23:00 »
It was a bad format. you could not edit script in another editor. it was harder to share script since by default they was all saved in the same xml.
You can now also buddle you script up in a zip. And you are able to have them organized in folders. So admin can for example push out common script for users. without touching personal script files.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 23:25:11 »
OK - I see why I thought that MultiScripts could not be edited:  The .UDC files store only a reference to the (external) files my scripts are exported to.

Ehh No ? Your entire script was exported to .udc, But if you was running with external scripts. then the script was a ref to a external file. then it is what you get.
It is however not possible to create it like that anymore. But if you have it. it will still load them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 23:31:56 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• Power Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 12:12:17 »
Ehh YES.  Here is an example of the first .udc in the zip:
##########################################
#Name:Refresh Tab
#Type:multiscript
#ID:02037e64e6fa4aae9987c3080b77776e
#Desc:Refresh Current Explorer Tab
#Options:

#file:Refresh Tab.mcs

As I said I, exported all my MultiScript sources to .mcs files in the Scripts directory.

Should I replace the files references in the last line of the .udc (as above) with the actual MultiScript sources?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 12:27:19 »
The need for File ref to have sepearate files are not needed anymore. and almost nobody used it so the support to create it from inside MC is removed.
It also create more confusion since you now have 2 files for 1 command.
However the support to load then still exists for compatibility reasons.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 12:31:53 »
Ehh YES.  Here is an example of the first .udc in the zip:
#Name:Refresh Tab
#Type:multiscript
#ID:02037e64e6fa4aae9987c3080b77776e
#Desc:Refresh Current Explorer Tab
#Options:

#file:Refresh Tab.mcs

As I said I, exported all my MultiScript sources to .mcs files in the Scripts directory.

Should I replace the files references in the last line of the .udc (as above) with the actual MultiScript sources?

Maybe the migration code should remove the .mcs file and convert it to a .udc, Then there would not be 2 files. But not so sure about that..

AlanJB

• Power Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 12:45:09 »
Maybe the migration code should remove the .mcs file and convert it to a .udc, Then there would not be 2 files. But not so sure about that..

I think that might be a mistake.  It is not a great deal of work to copy-and-paste, overwriting the last line in each .udc.

OK - just tested.  It works fine  :)

AlanJB

• Power Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 13:46:25 »
I've just completed the "conversion" of 49 .mcs MultiScript files to .udc format & deleted the .mcs files.

All tested and working.  So about an hours work  ;)

AlanJB

• Power Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 14:20:55 »
Hi Mathias.

Just done a bit more testing and there is definitely a problem with Examples.zip.

As soon as MC 10.3 is opened, the Examples.zip (4.5kb) is immediately converted to the 49 byte broken .xml file, as per my reply #1, above.

Also, the contents of FormatDate_Examples.udc and StringExamples.udc are identical apart from the #IDs.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 14:23:58 by AlanJB »

AlanJB

• Power Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 12:24:12 »
Hi Mathias.

Just done a bit more testing and there is definitely a problem with Examples.zip.

As soon as MC 10.3 is opened, the Examples.zip (4.5kb) is immediately converted to the 49 byte broken .xml file, as per my reply #1, above.

Are you able to reproduce this, Mathias?