Author Topic: v11.0 - Release Candidate (Updated 18-Feb)  (Read 27203 times)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
v11.0 - Release Candidate (Updated 18-Feb)
« on: January 07, 2021, 17:21:30 »
Current UserDefinedCommand will be auto converted to a new format.
The old UDC file was UserDefinedCommands.xml and it will be rename to UserDefinedCommands.xml.bak-Migrated
So if you revert back to old version. You need to rename that file to get back your commands

The new version store UDC Scripts in Config/Scripts/ Script can be seperate *.udc file or bundled together as a zip.
They can also be organized in folders. Script/Examples/Examples.zip contains examples script.
If modifed then do not keep them inside the zip. since this zip will be update on new versions.

** 26-Jan **
In build 2756  there is a change in what icons sizes is used. Before there was 4 icons sizes  16,24,32,48 . This is still true.
So when scaling to 125% it picked the icon closest in size and used that. for 125% it was 24px. but 24px is actually a 150% scaling of the 16px, it should have been 20px.  But because of reasons there was no support for scaling the icons during drawing. But that has now been fixed. So if you run at high scaling you MIGHT see the icons have shrunk in size. This is because now their are drawn in the correct size. If you want then bigger change the icon size settings in Core and Explorer Panel settings. Small, Medium , Large, xLarge can be selected. and the icon will then be scaled depending on Windows Scaling settings-

As you can see in this table. You see the actually icon size depending on scaling and icon size selected

100%  125%  150%  175%  200%  225% 250%
Small     16    20    24    28    32    36   40
Medium    24    30    36    42    48    54   60
Large     32    40    48    56    64    72   80
X-Large   48    60    72    84    96   108  120

Release v11.0
-- 2768 - 18-Feb-2021
   FIXED - Backup/Restore now also include the new Script files
   FIXED - MultiUpdate update log is now more detailed
   FIXED - MultiUpdate will show crashreport dialog if crashed
   ADDED - MC.Explorer.Goto support ItemFocus= parameter to set focus after scan
   ADDED - Will show a message at startup if there are problem loading extension/modules (Failed to be upgraded?)

-- 2765  - 13-Feb-2021
   FIXED - Various DPI Scaling issue in FolderTree, CheckSum extension, MultiRename
   FIXED - FindFiles dialog now closes on Escape key again.
   FIXED - WindowsExplorer styled setup will now map F3 to search again.
   FIXED - 1 Stability Issues

-- 2761 - 5-Feb-2021
   ADDED - :SysInfo command now includes Monitor information and Windows 10 Release ID
   ADDED - MultiTags  ${pid}, ${mctemp} , ${sourcefocusext}, ${targetfocusext}
   ADDED - Example script with all multitags
   FIXED - UserDefinedCommand Dialog fixes
   FIXED - Scaling issue with the width of items shown on statusbar
   FIXED - Toolbar still visible if all toolbars disabled in config

-- Build 2759 - 30-Jan-2021
   ADDED - Drag and drop of script in UserDefinedCommands-Dialog to move to subfolder
   ADDED - Heigh of Freespace field is now calculated better
   FIXED - 1 Stability Issues

- Build 2756 - 26-Jan-2021

ADDED - MultiScript with external ref can now be views or converted from MutliScript editor.
   ADDED - Added more Examples script
   FIXED - *.UDC script files with multilist comment/desc can now be loaded
   FIXED - Fixed issue with wrong icons sizes used in 125% / 175% scaling, Will now be drawn in correct sizes and scaled if needed
   FIXED - Copy 1 folder, and it is empty. Datetime is now kept is option for that is enabled.
   FIXED - Portable mode overwrite examples.zip as a empty xml
   FIXED - 1 Stability Issues and many icon scaling issues at 125%/175% scaling

- Build 2751 - 7-Jan-2021

ADDED - MultiCommander.exe CommandLine command /OPEN now support more paramters  /PANEL=Left|Right|Active|Source|Target and /NONEWTAB is added
   ADDED - MultiCommander.exe CommandLine command /QUIT to exit current running instance
   FIXED - CommandLine field will now try to do auto complete on paths when starting to type.
   FIXED - MultiDataViewer - HyperLink in text that was formatted was not always clickable
   FIXED - MultiDataViewer - Text Formatting that formated text to end on line. did not block formatting that was inside.
   FIXED - MultiDataViewer - Text with multiple formatting sometimes lost formatting when parts was selected
   FIXED - MultiDataViewer - Sometimes crashed if selection was done over part with multiple formats
   ADDED - Minor Redisgned to UserDefinedCommands dialog (TreeView and Icons and DarkMode Support)
   ADDED - Example script is included in release
   ADDED - Old UserDefinedCommand scripts will be migrated to scripts/*.udc script files
   ADDED - UserDefinedCommands can now be loaded from zip
   ADDED - UserDefinedCommands file format changed.
   FIXED - Tweaked detection if file is binary during content search and file viewer
   FIXED - Minor tweak and code cleanup
   FIXED - 3 Stability Issues
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 17:38:41 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: v10.3 - BETA
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 17:11:07 »
Hi Mathias.

Yesterday I updated my test environment (portable 64-bit) to 10.3 and there was an issue:  The Examples.zip file was created as a 49 byte (broken) xml file containing only

Code: [Select]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<config/>

???

I would like to know your thinking behind the (big) change to scripts.  For example, it is now impossible to edit MultiScripts within MC?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 01:34:24 »
eh that is strange..it should not be xml.
the example file is a zip with couple of script included . so not sure how it can be 49 bytes and xml..
the current script will be converted into seperate files in the script folder.. they will still be possible to edit them. From inside MC there should be no differnce.
only the way they are saved to disk are changed.

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 11:21:17 »

Yes, I was surprised!  I was able to extract Examples.zip from the portable installer.

OK - I see why I thought that MultiScripts could not be edited:  The .UDC files store only a reference to the (external) files my scripts are exported to.

Still can't see why the storage method was changed.  The rest of the app uses .xml config storage...

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 17:23:00 »
It was a bad format. you could not edit script in another editor. it was harder to share script since by default they was all saved in the same xml.
You can now also buddle you script up in a zip. And you are able to have them organized in folders. So admin can for example push out common script for users. without touching personal script files.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 23:25:11 »
OK - I see why I thought that MultiScripts could not be edited:  The .UDC files store only a reference to the (external) files my scripts are exported to.

Ehh No ? Your entire script was exported to .udc, But if you was running with external scripts. then the script was a ref to a external file. then it is what you get.
It is however not possible to create it like that anymore. But if you have it. it will still load them.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 23:31:56 by Mathias (Author) »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 12:12:17 »
Ehh YES.  Here is an example of the first .udc in the zip:
##########################################
#Name:Refresh Tab
#Type:multiscript
#ID:02037e64e6fa4aae9987c3080b77776e
#Desc:Refresh Current Explorer Tab
#Options:

#file:Refresh Tab.mcs

As I said I, exported all my MultiScript sources to .mcs files in the Scripts directory.

Should I replace the files references in the last line of the .udc (as above) with the actual MultiScript sources?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 12:27:19 »
The need for File ref to have sepearate files are not needed anymore. and almost nobody used it so the support to create it from inside MC is removed.
It also create more confusion since you now have 2 files for 1 command.
However the support to load then still exists for compatibility reasons.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 12:31:53 »
Ehh YES.  Here is an example of the first .udc in the zip:
#Name:Refresh Tab
#Type:multiscript
#ID:02037e64e6fa4aae9987c3080b77776e
#Desc:Refresh Current Explorer Tab
#Options:

#file:Refresh Tab.mcs

As I said I, exported all my MultiScript sources to .mcs files in the Scripts directory.

Should I replace the files references in the last line of the .udc (as above) with the actual MultiScript sources?

Maybe the migration code should remove the .mcs file and convert it to a .udc, Then there would not be 2 files. But not so sure about that..

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 12:45:09 »
Maybe the migration code should remove the .mcs file and convert it to a .udc, Then there would not be 2 files. But not so sure about that..

I think that might be a mistake.  It is not a great deal of work to copy-and-paste, overwriting the last line in each .udc.

OK - just tested.  It works fine  :)

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 13:46:25 »
I've just completed the "conversion" of 49 .mcs MultiScript files to .udc format & deleted the .mcs files.

All tested and working.  So about an hours work  ;)

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 14:20:55 »
Hi Mathias.

Just done a bit more testing and there is definitely a problem with Examples.zip.

As soon as MC 10.3 is opened, the Examples.zip (4.5kb) is immediately converted to the 49 byte broken .xml file, as per my reply #1, above.

Also, the contents of FormatDate_Examples.udc and StringExamples.udc are identical apart from the #IDs.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 14:23:58 by AlanJB »

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 12:24:12 »
Hi Mathias.

Just done a bit more testing and there is definitely a problem with Examples.zip.

As soon as MC 10.3 is opened, the Examples.zip (4.5kb) is immediately converted to the 49 byte broken .xml file, as per my reply #1, above.

Are you able to reproduce this, Mathias?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2021, 08:32:35 »
Hi Mathias.

Not yet. But I have not had so much time to look at this yet. I plan to look at it this weekend. Is problably an issue with portable mode

jjk

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2021, 21:31:29 »
Hi Mathias.

I reproduce also.

Pawel

• View Profile
Re: v10.3 - BETA (Updated 26-Jan)
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2021, 10:23:18 »
@Mathias
Upcoming build will bring new command line parameters. Great!

However, could you please add here some more information how to use it?
I mean how to pass parameters and directory to open, when you want to:

I. Open directory in already-running instance of Multi Commander
   1. Open directory in already-running instance of MC window in LEFT (Right|Active|Source|Target) panel in new TAB
   2. Open directory in already-running instance of MC window in LEFT (Right|Active|Source|Target) panel in already existing TAB

II. Open directory in new instance of Multi Commander
   1. Open directory in new instance of MC in LEFT (Right|Active|Source|Target) Panel in new TAB
   2. Open directory in new instance of MC in LEFT (Right|Active|Source|Target) Panel in already existing TAB

This is the basic example. Please, write here others.
MultiCommander.exe /OPEN "<path>"

Thanks!
-Pawel

AlanJB

• VIP Member
  • VERY old Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2021, 12:04:54 »
This page should help get yo started: http://multicommander.com/docs/commandlineparameters

Pawel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2021, 13:02:38 »
This page should help get yo started: http://multicommander.com/docs/commandlineparameters

:) Thanks. But I hope you know I know docs...
I asked for write down examples, to be sure it is correct (I know I can test this bymyself using beta build, but I need to be sure how it should be used correctly).

So, should it be:
MultiCommander.exe /OPEN "<path>" /PANEL=Left /NONEWTAB
OR
MultiCommander.exe "<path>" /PANEL=Left /NONEWTAB
etc..

-Pawel

espkk

• View Profile
Re: v10.3 - BETA (Updated 30-Jan)
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2021, 14:40:14 »
Hello Mathias,
I've just updated from 9.7 to 10.3 and got an empty toolbar here (not sure if this is related to this BETA).
Do you have an idea what caused that? Can I completely remove it like before?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2021, 13:33:29 »
Hello Mathias,
I've just updated from 9.7 to 10.3 and got an empty toolbar here (not sure if this is related to this BETA).
I'm not able to reproduce that. Can be some missmatch with configuration since the toolbar is rewritten. Try to enable it and then disable it again

espkk

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2021, 15:20:15 »
Hello Mathias,
I'm not able to reproduce that. Can be some missmatch with configuration since the toolbar is rewritten. Try to enable it and then disable it again
Just reproduced that on a clean 10.3 MC disabling the following:
Core settings->Standard Commands
Explorer panel settings->Layout->File commands
Explorer panel settings->Layout->Drive buttons

In previous versions that bar was hidden if the above options are disabled, now there is an empty bar.
Is this possible to bring back the old behaviour? I enjoyed my minimalist hotkey-oriented setup  :)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2021, 15:24:12 »
Hello Mathias,

In previous versions that bar was hidden if the above options are disabled, now there is an empty bar.
Is this possible to bring back the old behaviour? I enjoyed my minimalist hotkey-oriented setup  :)

Try disable them in the menu->view->toolbar instead

espkk

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2021, 16:09:41 »
Hello Mathias,

Try disable them in the menu->view->toolbar instead
Cool, that works! Thank you

PS this is not so important but I also just noticed another visual bug (screenshot attached)
Maybe DPI related; I'm on 3840x2160/250% (thinkpad T580)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2021, 12:12:04 »
PS this is not so important but I also just noticed another visual bug (screenshot attached)
Maybe DPI related; I'm on 3840x2160/250% (thinkpad T580)

Fixed in latest beta

Lukasz S.

• View Profile
Re: v11.0 - Release Candidate (Updated 13-Feb)
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2021, 15:47:26 »
Hi,

In last version of MC - RC build 2765 extensions don't work.
I've upgraded and then do fresh instalation and I've got the same problem in both cases. Switching to admin rights do not help.
Polish translator
Lukasz S.