Multi Commander > Support and Feedback

If MultiCommander started in the Background, is no symbol in the Task Bar

<< < (2/2)

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Matthias515566 on September 09, 2022, 15:09:45 ---
--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on September 09, 2022, 13:35:29 ---Also why are you starting it in the background ? what issue are that solving ?

--- End quote ---
The Batch File do it in this way and by the way, the /min parameter works not. I replaced Start with Start /min, this should work, but no instance started minimized. Just one window stay in the foreground and the other starting behind them in the second layer. This is without the /min parameter the same.

Yes i mean not running in the background, but running without a task bar icon is maybe the same like running in the background?

Why is this only with MC so? All other Programs can be started with multiple instances via  batch file. I have tested this with the 2 methods for recreating the issue.

I guess this will never be solved.... I make a Windows Update to 22H1 this weekend. Maybe then is the behavior different, but i dont believe.

When move i to Windows 11?
Then when Win 10 no longer developed.

--- End quote ---

Background just mean, Do not bring the program to the front. Keep the active program in the foreground.
It is not just MC..  I don't know why Windows does not add a TaskBar icon for you, I'm not able to reproduce that on any machine I got. Might be that MC takes longer to start or something. Don't know.
There is nothing MC about it. It must be a Windows Bug or something that is running on the machine that cause so that Windows Fails to add the Taskbar icon.
Like I said. Adding the TaskBar icon is something that is handled by Windows.

try to turnoff spash
http://forum.multicommander.com/forum/index.php/topic,605.msg1568.html#msg1568

Matthias515566:

--- Quote from: Mathias (Author) on September 09, 2022, 15:50:37 ---try to turnoff spash

--- End quote ---
Thank you for this information, this help me and i have created this registry entry. This is good for my config, but solve not the problem.

1 Window stay in the foreground and the next instances will be started in the second layer. This is good, i can write that posting while my MC-Instances starting........ But only the first instance have a taskbar icon and the rest not.

But i found now a solution for the Problem with a very old program which until now very well works. This is called: AutoSizer. Also to Win XP Times i worked already with this program. It works with 64 bit Systems.

Just create a Class name based entry for MC in AutoSizer with "Action to perform" to "Maximize" because MC never start minimized. For Creating the Taskbar icons of the MC instances must the Option: "Automatically bring AutoSized windows to the foreground" enabled and use
--- Code: ---Timeout 5
--- End code ---
between the Strings. Then can i just press the "AutoSize Now! shortcut key" and the Taskbar Icons will be created. If it not works change the Action to perform zu "Minimize", Autosize, and then back to Maximize and press then always Ctrl+D before you close the Windows or shutdown the Computer. This is easier than Process Explorer>Window>Bring to front.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version