Multi Commander > Beta Releases

v13.0 **BETA**

<< < (2/8) > >>

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Ulfhednar on May 09, 2023, 12:47:00 ---Thanks for the update Mathias.

Just installed b2945 & it seems to have lost many of the entries on the right-click context menu.
MC entries are intact but 3rd party entries have mostly gone.
Any way to recover these or is it necesssary to reinstall the apps?

I used autoruns to inspect the system & the reg entries etc are intact.  The context entries are also OK in Vanilla Explorer.   ::)

--- End quote ---

Nothing around that is changed.. changes are just minor fixes to the things in the previous beta
Also MC do not control external options in context menu, MC just ask windows to fill up the menu.
Can it be that you went from 32bit to 64bit ?
64bit does not show shell extensions that are only 32bit.. and the other way around

Jean:
Mathias i have a widget on the desktop that shows cpu for processes. This mc beta shows between 6 and 7% cpu being idle. I never saw that before so i downgraded to latest stable and cpu use is normal again, so low it doesn't even show up anymore.
Also where is the page to download older beta's please, the previous one was working fine.

Also, while i have your ear, for me a weak point in mc, my favorite filemanager, it how it handles a network share that is gone, it does not respond for a long time, no other filemanager takes so long.

Mathias (Author):

--- Quote from: Jean on May 09, 2023, 16:06:06 ---Mathias i have a widget on the desktop that shows cpu for processes. This mc beta shows between 6 and 7% cpu being idle. I never saw that before so i downgraded to latest stable and cpu use is normal again, so low it doesn't even show up anymore.
Also where is the page to download older beta's please, the previous one was working fine.

Also, while i have your ear, for me a weak point in mc, my favorite filemanager, it how it handles a network share that is gone, it does not respond for a long time, no other filemanager takes so long.

--- End quote ---

That very strange since there is no new functions that run in the background or anything like that. difference between the two beta are very low, only fixes and only major change are in Preview Panel, and if you did not even use that. everything is like before.
Can you create a dump of the process when it using CPU and upload to https://multicommander.com/support/upload

I don't think MC can take longer before responding then others, when shares are gone, unless some other program bypasses Windows Networking and do there own networking. MC is using the Windows network api. It is Windows that control how long it waits for it to timeout.

There is no revert of beta. You have to go back to 12.8

Jean:
i got 'bad gateway' trying to upload, maybe because the filesize is quite big, 154mb, i've put it here https://jcremers.com/MultiCommander.DMP
The file shows nothing in nirsoft bluescreenview though.

Mc taking longer to respond is what i see on two pc's here. You've told me before it only uses windows api but i can't help seeing a big difference, sorry.

Jean:
the cpu problem does not happen on the laptop.
On the desktop, if i close all panels, the cpu goes to 0, opening just one panel and it goes to 6.6.

fixed it by importing the settings from the laptop, cpu is back to normal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version