Author Topic: Simple tree and file pane view  (Read 3644 times)

FredeF

• View Profile
Simple tree and file pane view
« on: May 06, 2023, 19:47:07 »
Hejsan Mathias

Why can I not get a nice and simple tree and list view as you have in your online manual? (See the attachment).
I am forced to have a 2. list view that I don't use, because "Split size 0/100 or 100/0" can not be saved between sessions.
What is the trick you use?

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Re: Simple tree and file pane view
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2023, 10:43:39 »
However, an easy way to get this one-pane view is to go to View > "Full pane width." You can also use F11. If F11 is not the key for full pane width in your configuration, then go to Configuration > "Keyboard Customization" > Module: "Multicommander Core" > View - "Full Pane Width" and create it. The 2-panel layout is a main feature of MC, and there are reasons why the single panel view cannot be saved.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 08:01:36 »
Hejsan Mathias

Why can I not get a nice and simple tree and list view as you have in your online manual? (See the attachment).
I am forced to have a 2. list view that I don't use, because "Split size 0/100 or 100/0" can not be saved between sessions.
What is the trick you use?

You can show that tree by pressing the tree icon on the toolbar inside in explorer panel. That screenshot is just a cut to show that panel. not the entire application.
MC always has 2 panel. It is designed around this concept where the "other" panel is always the default target for different operation. This is very efficient if you are a keyboard user and do not want to use the mouse unless when you really need to.
So therefor 0/100 and 100/0 split is not supported. Even if you do a 0/100 split there might be a panel showing that is hidden that you can do stuff to without knowing it.
There are tricks to get around it and do it..  By settings this in an auto load script. but then you are going out of the way to do it manually, and then I hope you fully understand the risk.

FredeF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023, 08:10:04 »
Is there then a trick to decrease the 2. panel to 10% and save it between sessions?