Author Topic: download previous versions - portable media  (Read 10073 times)

karthik

• View Profile
download previous versions - portable media
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:27:27 »
My MC got screwed when it upgraded to the new beta version. (Running on Win XP 64 bit, it gives an error failed to load MCIcons.dll). Even the stable 64-bit version doesn't seem to work. I would like to download previous versions of the 64-bit but portable. Where can I find that? Thanks.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: download previous versions - portable media
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:37:24 »
Sounds like the upgrade failed or something. Is the file MCIcons.dll there at all ?

There is no "stable" version that has MCIcons.dll, it is new for 3.0 and only in 3.0 so if "stable" also fails then it must fail on something else.

All version are here
http://multicommander.com/downloads/

karthik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:40:09 »
Thanks. The file (MCIcons) is there.

I checked the downloads page but that has only previous versions of the installer and not portable versions.

Also, I have a working MC on a another machine. How can I export the core and explorer settings from that MC to a new one?

Thanks.

karthik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 08:47:51 »
Found that export settings for core/explorer panel. Was able to recover from the crash reasonably well.

Does the settings on multiupdate "backup existing version" export the core/explorer panel settings as well apart from favorities, buttons settings etc?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 08:54:35 »
Backup in MultiUpdate backup everything into a folder.
But there might be issues going from v3.x => v2.x since the configuration is change a bit in v3.0

The latest Portable on the web site is 2.8.2, What issue do you get with that ? Because you can not get the MCIcons.dll error in that version since that version does not use that file.

karthik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 08:58:24 »
With the latest portable version, when I try to open the core settings MC crashes. So I have now downloaded the latest 64-bit installer and applied the various settings separately. Thanks.