Author Topic: Selection Color  (Read 8112 times)

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
Selection Color
« on: May 02, 2013, 09:23:40 »
Haven't absorbed all the syntax yet but I've been wondering about changing color of the selection in the inactive pane.
Will this new feature enable that?  (Or am I missing the setting in the explorer options...?)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Selection Color
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 09:55:24 »
(Btw moved topic. because this has nothing to do with rules based coloring)

Menu > Configuration > Explorer Panel Settings > Colors (Tab)

There you can configure colors..
Normal, Focus, Selected, Focus and selected

You can change default background color for inactive. But you can not change the file "state" colors for active/inactive separately.
If you run Explorer Styled key/mouse setup the inactive background color for selected item will be a bit lighter then the color that is set.

Ulfhednar

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 14:22:34 »
OK thanks.  I had wondered if the rules extended to all areas - hence the thread choice.

I see why the color isn't accessible now.  Is this because it's a windows function that means you wouldn't be able to access it with a script etc?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 14:32:30 »
No. All colors can technically be changed. But I had to set a limit of what can be configured or the color settings page would be very very very long.

And the Rule based colors do not work on view state.. like if item is in focus, selected, in active pane or not. They only work on file properties (name, size, date, and so on.. ).