Author Topic: MC Doesn't See MP3 Player and Seems Very Slow When Copying Files!  (Read 7802 times)

dnavratil98

• View Profile
I moved a 2.8 GB Files from C Drive to my External Drive and it Took almost 58 minutes, When using Q-Dir it would take about 7 minutes.  Also When I Plug my MP3 player into computer's usb drive MC doesn't see it and I can't transfer music to the player (I had to use Windows Explorer)  I still think MC is much better then Q-Dir!  MC has not shut down on me yet!  If anyone can help I'd appreciate it, Tks David

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
MC by default try to use optimized read/write setting for file copy.. but for example memory sticks devices and similar does not support that and then you might have to change Read/Write strategy. If you expanded the "Copy To" dialog you see that read/write strategy is auto selected for that copy operation. You can try to use another r/w profile and/or tweak them.

You can also disable so that MC does not try to auto detected what read/write strategy to use.
Menu > Configuration > Core Settings > FileSystem (Tab)
Uncheck "Automatically detect read/write strategy for file copy" then the two "Normal" profiles in read/write will be used  (one for same disk copy one for different disk)

dnavratil98

• View Profile
Thanks you very much Mathias!