Author Topic: fixed labels  (Read 11725 times)

Patrick007

• View Profile
fixed labels
« on: August 01, 2013, 16:55:29 »
Hi,

How I get fixed labels at the toolbar. ie. when I created a shortcut to a folder, how can I create a fixed label to it. So I don't have to hover over the icon. I want to create several shortcuts to different folders on the tool bar, but I want a fixed label att. to it.

Thankx in advance.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: fixed labels
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 17:26:14 »
Fixed label ?
I don't understand what you want to do .. You want to have a toolbar button that take you to a path ? then use the quick launch bar.
Drag/add a program to the quick launch bar (The area after the commandline field, or enable the extra Quick launchbar and get a whole extra row.)

Patrick007

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 21:25:37 »
Hi Mathias,

To clarify; I can make an extra toolbar, and I can add an icon into this bar; If you hover on this new added icon you can see the path i.e. in case the icon is a shortcut to a folder; I have created more of these icons in this toolbar. If you want to see to what path a icon is set, you have to hoover over an icon.
What I would like to see, if you can set a fixed label somewhere close (below, above) such an icon, so can immediately to which path the respective icon is meant for...

Hope this clarifies a bit..........

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 05:12:32 »
Patrick007,
you may set up buttons on the button bar

Mathias,
it looks like FR for "Favourites bar" or "Hot paths bar" :)

Patrick007

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 08:28:16 »
Thx Jungle,

This will work out, but it would be great if I can attach labels to the icons in the quick launch button bar. If this label could be customized by the user would that be perfect.
Mathias; challenge for you ?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 08:49:41 »
Hi Mathias,

To clarify; I can make an extra toolbar, and I can add an icon into this bar; If you hover on this new added icon you can see the path i.e. in case the icon is a shortcut to a folder; I have created more of these icons in this toolbar. If you want to see to what path a icon is set, you have to hoover over an icon.
What I would like to see, if you can set a fixed label somewhere close (below, above) such an icon, so can immediately to which path the respective icon is meant for...

Hope this clarifies a bit..........

You mean a text label next to the icon for the Quick Launch Bar ?

Sorry but that cannot be added, the Quick Launchbar is not a normal toolbar and it does not support texts.
But you can customize the icons and have different kind of colors for folders there to make them different.

Or you can customize the button panels or use the favorites menu. There you can set any text you want.

Patrick007

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 12:19:15 »
Hi Mathias,

Sorry I mean the icons you can add in the command line bar (can be made by drag and drop). This will give an icon, but if you have several same icons it would be great that close to every icon you can create a text/label which can be filled by the user as an identifier of the icon.

Is this helpfull?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 12:33:07 »
Yes that are the Quick Launch bar, It works kind of like the quick link bar that you have in Widows XP on the taskbar.
But it is not a normal toolbar so it cannot show a text. And adding that would require more work than it is worth. But you can change the Icon so that not all folders you drag there look the same.