Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Zip-dialog profile setting ist fixed now. Thx.

Translation for "Password required" and "This archive require a password to be opened. Please enter password." is available but not used for that dialog.

The strings are new and should be used:
    <item iid="2165" text="Passwort erforderlich"/>
    <item iid="2166" text="Dieses Archiv kann nur mit einem Passwort geöffnet werden. Bitte geben Sie jetzt das Passwort ein."/>

But instead these are really used:
    <item iid="2160" text="Passworteingabe notwendig"/>
    <item iid="2161" text="Die Datei oder das Archiv ist passwortgeschützt."/>

Is this a bug?
UPDATE: Think it depends which archiv format is used. For .7z I have the behavior described above.
For .RAR I got the new strings, but need more space. See pic MC Archiv extracting PW 2.png

BTW, need some addition strings for that process for "canceld by user" and "wrong PW entered" dialog. Than all is finished for handling zip ;)

Problem is that most of the support for zip/7z/rar is from external code. And tying it up with MC to use MC language text are a bit complex. many times that code does not have access to the language system.
and most of them do not say if they password is wrong.. they you return reporting that it fail to unpack. with generic error code. that can be many things.
and modifying external code is something I try to avoid because that will make it harder to keep that code up to date.

But will check what can be changed
User Contributed Content / Re: ULTIMATE FILE MANAGER
« Last post by Pawel on August 01, 2022, 21:34:56 »
Ultimate File Manager 9.0 was released today!

Project website: https://pawelporwisz.pl/ufm/download_en.php

Ultimate File Manager 9.0 is the anniversary release. The first version of the project was released on May 1, 2017.
This release is exactly the 50th version that was released in just over 5 years!

Ultimate File Manager is dedicated to all its users. It is thanks to you that this project is still developing and becoming more complete and user-friendly with each release. Ultimate File Manager is a non-commercial product! The project brings no material benefit. It is created out of passion for You and me. 5 years is a long time ... Ultimate File Manager was released at regular intervals. A lot has changed during this time. A lot of work has been done to develop the project. A lot of resources and time were devoted. Each new version introduced new functionalities, fixes and improvements.

---
Please, give it a try!
If you have any sugessions, proposition just tell me.
-Pawel

Ps: As always - big thanks to Mathias for his agree to build UFM project based on Multi Commander!
Support and Feedback / Re: Ftp stopped working :(
« Last post by Jean on August 01, 2022, 13:32:52 »
Multicommander connects fine to another ftp server, so it seems to be something on the server side.
Support and Feedback / Re: Can't get MC.Filesystem.Delete to work
« Last post by AlanJB on August 01, 2022, 12:50:18 »
A dialog could be helpful but only if the reason why the command includes other folders in such a surprising way gets caught.  Would adding FILTER to MC.Explorer.Delete be easier?

Now that is a good idea :D
« Last post by Ulfhednar on July 31, 2022, 17:20:24 »
Tried this again experimentally
D:\test1\test2\
was focus
I added 6 dummy files incl 1 zip & 1 rar to test2, used :-
Code: [Select]
MC.Filesystem.Delete USE_CURRENT_SOURCEITEM FILTER="*.zip; *.rar"
Log output
2022-07-31 15:43:36.274 MC.FileSystem.Delete : Parameter USE_CURRENT_SOURCEITEM set. Use current source item as PATH parameter : 'D:\test1\test2\..'
2022-07-31 15:43:36.274 MC.FileSystem.Delete : Scanning folder..
2022-07-31 15:43:36.274 MC.FileSystem.Delete : Found 8 items in path
2022-07-31 15:43:36.274 MC.FileSystem.Delete : 2 Filters found
D:\test1\test2\
was focus again
I added 1 zip & 1 rar to both test1 & test2 & ran button, all were deleted, re item count:-
2022-07-31 15:47:22.824 MC.FileSystem.Delete : Parameter USE_CURRENT_SOURCEITEM set. Use current source item as PATH parameter : 'D:\test1\test2\..'
2022-07-31 15:47:22.824 MC.FileSystem.Delete : Scanning folder..
2022-07-31 15:47:22.824 MC.FileSystem.Delete : Found 10 items in path
2022-07-31 15:47:22.824 MC.FileSystem.Delete : 2 Filters found

So I added test3 folder
D:\test1\test2\test3\
Added 2 archives to each test folder: -
With test3 in focus, archives in test 2 & test 3 were deleted
With test2 in focus, only archives in test 3 were deleted, not in 1 or 2  ???

Log shows the command thinks I am in test3 (ran this 3 times with same result, it can't tell my focus is ..\test2\
2022-07-31 16:13:51.481 MC.FileSystem.Delete : Parameter USE_CURRENT_SOURCEITEM set. Use current source item as PATH parameter : 'D:\test1\test2\test3'
2022-07-31 16:13:51.481 MC.FileSystem.Delete : Scanning folder..
2022-07-31 16:13:51.481 MC.FileSystem.Delete : Found 5 items in path
2022-07-31 16:13:51.481 MC.FileSystem.Delete : 2 Filters found
So quite interesting...! 

A dialog could be helpful but only if the reason why the command includes other folders in such a surprising way gets caught.  Would adding FILTER to MC.Explorer.Delete be easier?

But in any case, don't let this ruin your summer Mathias.  ;)
Zip-dialog profile setting ist fixed now. Thx.

Translation for "Password required" and "This archive require a password to be opened. Please enter password." is available but not used for that dialog.

The strings are new and should be used:
    <item iid="2165" text="Passwort erforderlich"/>
    <item iid="2166" text="Dieses Archiv kann nur mit einem Passwort geöffnet werden. Bitte geben Sie jetzt das Passwort ein."/>

But instead these are really used:
    <item iid="2160" text="Passworteingabe notwendig"/>
    <item iid="2161" text="Die Datei oder das Archiv ist passwortgeschützt."/>

Is this a bug?
UPDATE: Think it depends which archiv format is used. For .7z I have the behavior described above.
For .RAR I got the new strings, but need more space. See pic MC Archiv extracting PW 2.png

BTW, need some addition strings for that process for "canceld by user" and "wrong PW entered" dialog. Than all is finished for handling zip ;)
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on July 30, 2022, 18:27:30 »
Hmm Might be to dangerous function to allow delete so easy. Maybe should require a confirmation box. ?  maybe a "Do you really want to delete : <folder> ?" box ?, but the idea with script it to not have them..

@Mathias, just a thought...

You could offer the dialog by default with a "Do you really want to delete : <folder> ?" but include an optional NODIALOG parameter (similar to the Multiscript function CopyFile).
Yes i was thinking that. problem is that MC.Explorer.Delete is really the one to use if you want a dialog. Problem is that it does not support filter.
MC.FileSystem.Delete goes directly to the filesystem layer, and should not show a UI..  But might break that principle with this, fell that it is to dangerous to not show a warning by default.

« Last post by AlanJB on July 30, 2022, 18:06:51 »
Hmm Might be to dangerous function to allow delete so easy. Maybe should require a confirmation box. ?  maybe a "Do you really want to delete : <folder> ?" box ?, but the idea with script it to not have them..

@Mathias, just a thought...

You could offer the dialog by default with a "Do you really want to delete : <folder> ?" but include an optional NODIALOG parameter (similar to the Multiscript function CopyFile).
« Last post by Mathias (Author) on July 30, 2022, 16:49:13 »
Well thanks for the fun Mathias!  ;)
You got me twice,
1. because I was using the earlier release without the updated function
2. it killed <20 files it found in the directory above the focused one.

No problem as I was able to recover them.  Only lost a zip with all my crypto-currency addresses, but what's $1.6m between friends....   ;D  :P
 ...A few more tests will be needed I think!

1. first version was missing some logging that was not included in the release. I also improved how it handled filters and if the path is pointing to file instead and folder..

2. USE_CURRENT_SOURCEITEM take the item that are in focus from the panel that are in focus (source panel). but it is important that the correct panel is active.. so it picks correct.
it should not pick a folder above.. it picks the one that is on focus. that the line marker is on..

« Last post by Ulfhednar on July 30, 2022, 16:03:22 »
Well thanks for the fun Mathias!  ;)
You got me twice,
1. because I was using the earlier release without the updated function
2. it killed <20 files it found in the directory above the focused one.

No problem as I was able to recover them.  Only lost a zip with all my crypto-currency addresses, but what's $1.6m between friends....   ;D  :P
 ...A few more tests will be needed I think!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10