Author Topic: Quick Filter Borked When Entering Very Long Queries  (Read 486 times)

total_annihilation00

• Tech Savant\ Envisioneering
    • View Profile
Quick Filter Borked When Entering Very Long Queries
« on: June 12, 2024, 03:29:21 »
If I enter an extensive filename in the Quick Filter on a folder with multiple files, the search does not return one single unique match, instead it lists a large number of inaccurate results. For instance in a folder with PDF's, I entered this into the Quick Filter and it didn't narrow it down to one match. The search query was "Sockets, Shellcode, Porting, & Coding. Reverse Engineering Exploits & Tool Coding For Sec Pro" —however when I deleted most of the Quick Filter title it showed the one match properly, just breaks on long searches. It works for short queries well, but needs to be fixed so long unique filenames are handled\ displayed properly.  :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 09:38:49 by total_annihilation00 »
~The World's Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Quick Filter Borked When Entering Very Long Queries
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2024, 07:25:28 »
its not the lenght.. there is no limit for that.. I guess it is how you write it

If you are looking for a file called "Sockets, Shellcode, Porting, & Coding. Reverse Engineering Exploits & Tool Coding For Sec Pro.pdf"
then put it around " around it. else it will break on spaces.. and each part is a filter..  "Sockets," "Shellcode," If you want to match many keyword use space,
The it will be a OR match.. if you do "Sockets Shellcode" it will find all items matching "Sockets" OR "ShellCode"  it does not require both of them to be there

For that you need to rightclick and the filter icon and selected advanced filtering and create a advanced one.

Or do a regexp match.. if you start the filter with ":" then you are matching using regex

« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 07:28:54 by Mathias (Author) »

total_annihilation00

• Tech Savant\ Envisioneering
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Filter Borked When Entering Very Long Queries
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2024, 09:38:08 »
Oh wow, thanks —that works perfectly ! I will enclose it in quotes next time ! Advanced Filters are pretty useful ! Whoa there's RegEx too ?! 👍   :D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 10:32:42 by total_annihilation00 »
~The World's Deceit Has Raped My Soul, We Melt The Plastic People Down Then We Melt Their Plastic Town~