Author Topic: Hover and Scroll With Mouse  (Read 8233 times)

oktom

• View Profile
Hover and Scroll With Mouse
« on: October 14, 2013, 00:43:13 »
I think it would be great to be able to hover and scroll the tree and main file panel without clicking an entry. In other words, just hover over the panel with the mouse and scroll with the mouse wheel.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:05:23 by oktom »

Kreator

• View Profile
Re: Hover and Scroll With Mouse
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 07:18:36 »
Agree.
Save our fragile planet!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 09:11:19 »
The problem is that if the window is not in focus the Mouse Wheel commands are not sent to that Window.
I don't think this will be possible without hooking MC into Core parts of Windows and stealing mouse messages.. But that will not happen since MC will NOT do any aggressive overtaking of Core Windows parts that can cause issues with other programs

Kreator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 09:48:13 »
By "window" you mean any part or just window? Now when MC is active, but the tree is not, scroll doesn't work until the tree is activated by click.
Save our fragile planet!

oktom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 11:27:56 »
I'm brand new to Multi Commander. I've just been experimenting with it for several hours and feel that it's a great program. I'm comparing MC to Free Commander, and I like MC better in many ways. Free Commander does have the hover and scroll function for panels and trees. Multi Commander has many functions that Free Commander does not have, so I think that MC is close to being the best file manager available.