Author Topic: Can I Move Files and Create a Folder Simultaneously?  (Read 6827 times)

MdmBtrfly

• View Profile
Can I Move Files and Create a Folder Simultaneously?
« on: April 18, 2014, 16:28:37 »
I provide clients with various reports and supporting documents. When I'm creating the reports, they have to be located in a specific folder ("Active files"). When I finish I tell the system to pull the files through to the client's server. After the client receives them, I move them to the folder "Completed files" under a subfolder named with the client ID. My report names all start with the client ID number and are the only MSWord docs in the file, the supporting documents are named according to the information therein and are all PDFs.

For example - say my client ID is LN1234. In "Active files" I would create a MSWord document named "LN1234 Report" and would then add several PDF docs. After it's sent to the client, I would create a subfolder named "LN1234" in the "Completed files" folder and move the report and supporting documents to that folder.

I'd like to be able to select the report and supporting documents in my active folder, then press a button that will use the client ID in the report name to create the subfolder in my completed files and move the documents to it.

Help????

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Can I Move Files and Create a Folder Simultaneously?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 15:13:24 »
Not sure I completely understand. But you can probably do that using MultiScript.

You got command like GetSourceFocusName() that returns the name of the file in focus. and from that you can extract the client ID. and build a target path that you then send to the MoveFile(...) command.

MultiScript - Get Source/Target file Functions
MultiScript - File system functions