Author Topic: keyboard hotkey to move focus to Quick Filter field  (Read 8708 times)

leopoldus

• View Profile
keyboard hotkey to move focus to Quick Filter field
« on: April 20, 2015, 00:27:07 »
Hello,

I was not able (although have tried, even read the manual and searched through the forum) to find the keyboard hotkey to move focus to Quick Filter field (yes, this small field below a file panel). It seems, that there is no such hotkey - neither assigned by default nor any option to assign it by a user. However this conclusion is rather incredible.
Have I missed anything?

Thanks!

And another similar question, is there any hotkey to switch the current quick filter on/off. I thought, that it should be Ctrl+G, bu actually this hotkey does something else. I can not understand, what exactly, as it switches between the current filter or... totally empty file panel, but the last state IMHO has no any sense.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:14:34 by leopoldus »

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: keyboard hotkey to move focus to Quick Filter field
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 06:27:55 »
Ctrl+F = Goto View Filter

The filter can be set via custom command like MC.Explorer.SetViewFilter FILTER="*.*"

Not sure if there is a possibility to toggle filter on/off, but a workaround  probably can be done via MultiScript.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 08:24:15 »
Hello,

I was not able (although have tried, even read the manual and searched through the forum) to find the keyboard hotkey to move focus to Quick Filter field (yes, this small field below a file panel). It seems, that there is no such hotkey - neither assigned by default nor any option to assign it by a user. However this conclusion is rather incredible.
Have I missed anything?

Thanks!

And another similar question, is there any hotkey to switch the current quick filter on/off. I thought, that it should be Ctrl+G, bu actually this hotkey does something else. I can not understand, what exactly, as it switches between the current filter or... totally empty file panel, but the last state IMHO has no any sense.
Move input focus to the focus field (Ctrl+F) can't be customize.
But the command can be accessed from script.

Create a User Defined Command and select Command type : "Internal Commands"
for module select "Explorer Panel" and then you find the command "Go to view filter"
Save this command and then assign your own hotkey to that command.

Toggle is not found (Click on Filter icon) since it is not a command in that way.
But can be done by script. But you must keep track of previous content to restore it with your self.

Ctrl+G will filter away and only show selected files. Good if you are in a folder with many x100 of files and you have selected many of them all over and you only want to see the files you have selected before you do something with them.

leopoldus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 19:12:28 »
The filter can be set via custom command like MC.Explorer.SetViewFilter FILTER="*.*"
I am a very green novice with Multi Commander, besides I have quite low skill in scripting. Could you please give me a hint of HOW it can be made?

Not sure if there is a possibility to toggle filter on/off, but a workaround  probably can be done via MultiScript.
The same question is here, what is this workaround via MultiScript you hint to?
Thanks!

Toggle is not found (Click on Filter icon) since it is not a command in that way.
That is quite surprising for me. I thought before, that commonly one can assign a keyboard hotkey for any command, which can be run in GUI via a button/icon.

But can be done by script. But you must keep track of previous content to restore it with your self.
I'm not sure, what do you mean. Could you please give a bit more detailed instruction or give a link to the appropriate page in on-line manual?
Thanks!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 09:40:16 »
I am a very green novice with Multi Commander, besides I have quite low skill in scripting. Could you please give me a hint of HOW it can be made?
Create a User command of CustomCommand type.  and enter the above.

The same question is here, what is this workaround via MultiScript you hint to?
Thanks!
Create a User Defined Command of MultiScript type. But MultiScripts do require scripting skills so it might be complex.

That is quite surprising for me. I thought before, that commonly one can assign a keyboard hotkey for any command, which can be run in GUI via a button/icon.
The filter is owned by a underlaying UI component and is not accessible from the framework it that way

Toggle is not found (Click on Filter icon)
I'm not sure, what do you mean. Could you please give a bit more detailed instruction or give a link to the appropriate page in on-line manual?
Thanks!
In script get what the current filter it. Store that somewhere (registry maybe) set new.. And when restoring get what the previous was and set that.