Author Topic: uVERY Unhappy with your new method for replace  (Read 10173 times)

Jeefef

• View Profile
uVERY Unhappy with your new method for replace
« on: August 19, 2015, 14:55:52 »
It was so easy and now i every time find it very annoying  >:( your new method
eg
 - Natalie MacMaster & Donnell Leahy - |-
" - "| "-"

first : the area for search and replace pops up above te section i alwayscould see what i changed per evrey new rule and now cannot more (i hope you understand what i am writing)
second : a lot of times i have to change  space-score-space to only a score and now i have to type a lot more for this simple change
( i know i can do another way, but then i have to leave the pop up)
third : if i can use those 4 empty lines anymore, leave them but they were so nice
sorry for saying i am not happy now with this change, because MC is (was?) a terrific easy prog for me
for a long time and i really hope you will understand my annoyance
reagards
Frits Farinaux
i did write you before and know you are not willing to change it

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: uVERY Unhappy with your new method for replace
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 15:03:05 »
It might been easy but it was limited. A lot of people needed a lot more rows.

But try the Latest Beta it been modified a bit there.
Quotes are added automatically if needed. and you can from main windows ADD items faster without opening the window

Jeefef

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 15:32:42 »
Ok. i will wait for the new update and maybe eventually give my comments, but i have you give me the feeling that lots of people changed more than 4 rules
at the same time.
can't you make  a separate longlist button for them!; who people who are content are not the people complaining, so you will not hear them
i hope other people have same inconvinient feeling as i have

but for the people who wants to change only 2 or 3 line consecutive it is now a pity you can't see what the effect of the change as you
could see in my picture

sorry again

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 16:02:20 »
Ok. i will wait for the new update and maybe eventually give my comments, but i have you give me the feeling that lots of people changed more than 4 rules
at the same time.
can't you make  a separate longlist button for them!; who people who are content are not the people complaining, so you will not hear them
i hope other people have same inconvinient feeling as i have

but for the people who wants to change only 2 or 3 line consecutive it is now a pity you can't see what the effect of the change as you
could see in my picture
A limit of 4 was problem for some, exactly how many I do not know, Did not ask.  I was one of them..So if I need something I get it :)

However it work better in the beta. Most of the time you will not even need to open the windows. Only if you want to modify or delete pairs.
There are also some other changes/fixes with MultiRename there.

Also.. waiting for final version with feedback is like waiting for the paint to dry before telling it is the wrong color. It is much easier to do changes while the a specific feature is worked on. Right now I got a couple of things I plan for MultiRename.. Who knows when I get time to revisit MultiRename for changes next time, might be some time. :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 16:23:27 by Mathias (Author) »

Jeefef

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 17:22:24 »
i installed the beta now and , yes things are easier
but why is the pop up 17(?) lines long so it covered a lot of your ( i mean MY MC-screen)
I still don't like the place where the pop-up pops up
can you position it a little lower so that i can see at least 2 lines of the selected files?

thank you for urging me to do the update ( you are right with the paint)

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 17:36:26 »
It is long so you can enter many.  But 17 might be too many.  Might shorten it a little.. but it will still be over the preview area.
Right now the placement is automatic. it is centering over the MultiRename window.  (Standard windows behavior)
If I understand you correct you want to see the "Original Filename" column..  I will see if it is possible to align the popup window to the right edge of the Multi-Rename window.. then only the "New Filename" part is hidden.

Btw.
Do you really need to use the popup now. if you only have 1-2 entries it should be faster to just use the two edit field and ADD button instead of the editor ?

Jeefef

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 19:03:01 »
It must wait to morrow
Thanks anyway

Jeefef

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 17:26:50 »
i am a very, very happy man now
you "add" button does the trick for all of us, i think