Author Topic: Lost display in File View window  (Read 6825 times)

Alanrf

• Accept that computers always know best!
    • View Profile
Lost display in File View window
« on: December 22, 2015, 17:43:49 »
An odd occurrence. 

Checking out some configuration ideas, I opened Explorer Panel Settings and, in the Save on Exit section unchecked the Remember open paths option.

The odd effect is that, in the right hand pane both the folder tree and file view window were behaving as expected but, in the left hand pane, whilst the folder tree was fully functional, the file view window was blank.  The only way I could repopulate it and return the the original settings, that is, with the Remember open paths option checked, was to restart the computer.

No real harm done, other than the inconvenience but this seems odd behaviour.  Even more irritating was the fact that there seemed to be no obvious way to repopulate the pane; using soft or hard refreshes had no effect.

Minor bug, or operator error?
Now using Win 10.
Used 'em all from DOS 2.0 onwards.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Lost display in File View window
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 14:50:46 »
Restarting computer has nothing to do with it. MC do not keep settings in memory like that.
But there was a bug around this remembering path, (Really about initializing them)
Try the beta and it will work better.

Alanrf

• Accept that computers always know best!
    • View Profile
Re: Lost display in File View window
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 16:55:32 »
Thanks for your reply.

The odd thing was that I could not regain the display of the the File View window but after a restart everything was OK.  Almost as if as setting had been corrupt in soma way.  Simply restarting MC didn't resolve the issue.

I will try the beta later and see if I can break something again!

To be fair, though, given how comprehensive and feature-rich MC is, it appears to be remarkably bug-free.
Now using Win 10.
Used 'em all from DOS 2.0 onwards.