Author Topic: Toggeling between 1-pane and 2-panes view by one toolbar icon click?  (Read 5915 times)

pstein

• View Profile
What I need is an easy way to toggle between the 1-pane and the 2-pane view.

In general I would like to work with the 1-pane view (Treeview+Details view just like in "normal" WinExplorer).

Only from time to time I need to work with a second directory.
Therefore I would like to have an icon in toolbar which (when clicked) shows a second pane (Treeview + Details view).

Is this possible?

The second pane should be visually added (!) left or right of the current MC window.
In other words: the current window size of MC should NOT be divided into 2 panes now.
Instead the same window space should be added to the left or right.
Afterwards the second pane should have the same window dimensions as the previous first pane.

Is this possible?

Peter

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Eh you want to run MC in single panel mode ?

That does not work. MC is design around the dual panel  source/target concept. Where the active panel is the default source and the other panel is the default target.
You can not turn off one side. You can temporary "hide" it (not really hide but set width to 0) by using the slider or the 0/100 100/0 split setting. but that settings is not saved since it is not recommended to run MC as single panel because you can do things to files/folders in the "hidden" panel and with it hidden you will not see what you are doing.