Author Topic: Viewing group of images on "portable device" in Windows photo viewer  (Read 6284 times)

Mstar

• View Profile
HI, Nice product! Being new to MC, in looking at a list of camera shots in a DCIM folder on an portable Android device, I can view one image yet when I attempt to select a list of pics, I still only can view the 1st image in Windows photo viewer. The arrow to proceed to next image is grayed out (so to speak) in the viewer.

This leads me to believe I am not selecting the group of images properly in MC for the photo viewer to set them as a selected group to view.  I am selecting the 1st image and then as one would in other "explorer" type products, go to the bottom of the list I wish to preview with the shift key down and highlight (they turn red in MC). Then i go to the viewer and thus, the problem I describe above.

I don't have any particular need to use Windows photo viewer.  My goal here is to look thru a list of cryptically named photos, rename the ones I decide to keep from previewing and copy them to the PC... to email to someone as a compressed file. I can take care of the compression externally so my question is.... how do i select them so the viewer will rotate through them quickly with a click of an arrow, rather than tediously going through them one by one? That would defeat the purpose of using a product like this for that task.

Thanks!

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
If you connect to a portable device via the portable (WPD/MTP) you do NOT have full filesystem access as you do on normal filesystem
Most external problems can not open files located on them since there is no normal path to them.
So the workaround that most program do is to copy to temp and then show them from there.

If you use the internal picture viewer in MC it will be able to view all selected images. (Space for next, backspace for previous)

Personally. when working a lot of pictures on phone/table I find it is easier to copy them all to local disk first. and work with them there.
Then all external programs can access them fully