Author Topic: Copy/Delete Hangs MC...  (Read 7430 times)

pcmedic67

• View Profile
Copy/Delete Hangs MC...
« on: May 19, 2016, 15:35:57 »
I've started using MC more and I've found that on my 64-Bit Windows 7 PC whenever I perform a copy or a delete the action happens but the action progress dialog that opens and is blank showing no progress and I can't abort it or close it I have to kill the process.  If I do the same in safe mode it works fine.  I can't find the conflict.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Copy/Delete Hangs MC...
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 15:46:58 »
From a normal HD to a Normal HD ? or are remote deivce or network device ?
How do you do the copy.  There are Multiple ways to start a copy.
Is it MC progress diaog that are shown or the Windows Explorer Progress dialog (if you a compability copy command WinExp will handle the copy)

Security Software like AntiVirus and/or SandBoxing can block files from being written,
If you press Ctrl+L you see a file operation log, There might be error information in that if Windows have returned operation to MC and returned an error. But If it just hangs then bmy guess is on security software becuse they can Halt a operation until they are done with reading the requested file. then the calling app will block until the AV software releases the hold on the file.

pcmedic67

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 22:17:20 »
I press F5 and I get a dialog that looks like attached SPA.  That dialog stays there until I try to abort which won't work so I have to kill MC.  But the file did get to the location.  Same occurs when deleting, see Attachment SPB.

pcmedic67

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 22:27:23 »
Oh and I am not running any AV programs.  And Ctrl-L didn't work as I was stuck in the SPA dialog box attached.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 23:03:58 »
Very strange. Never seen anything like that

When you delete to recycle bin. All MC is doing is to send the list of files to be delete to windows. and Then Windows goes and moves files to recyle bin. if it is very fyll. WIndows will start to actually delete files from the bin..
Looks like something is block MC from deleting. And So MC is waiting for the delete to finished but something is blocking it.

Are you copying to/from some special device . or is everything from and to normal local HD ?
And since the dialog is blank it does not even start..
Something is really weird.  something is halting MC from continue when it want to copy/delete.

Only normal reason is security software. But you say don't have that. So than I don't know.

You can try to create a dump of MultiCommander when it is hanged and then upload it to http://multicommander.com/upload (pack it first)
Then I might be able to see what MC is waiting for.  (Create dump from task mananagers detail tab.  Right click on "multicommander.exe" and select "create dump file"