Author Topic: Forced split size  (Read 8686 times)

t33st33r

• View Profile
Forced split size
« on: November 06, 2016, 23:09:25 »
Everytime I open MultiCommander it forces 50/50 split size. So I took a look to config files. I found an option named "SplitSize", whereof value is -1 in the "[Root]" section of ".\SessionConfig\Config\MultiCommander.ini"
If I change the value, save the file, and open MultiCommander, the split size changer but… i don't understand the format the value is in. How can i force 100/0 or 0/100? Thanks.

---------------------------
This is not my native language.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:42:44 by t33st33r »

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
Re: Forced split size
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 06:42:43 »
By default you can't do this.

But you may create user defined command and pass it as a command line param when launching MC, like the following example:
Code: [Select]
X:\mc\MultiCommander.exe -AutoRun="split 100/0"

t33st33r

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 13:20:52 »
The user-defined command doesn't autorun. If i pass that param to executable it works but next time i run it normally that config doesn't remain… that is not a solution because sometimes the EXE is launched from taskbar and in those cases, it takes no params.

Will developers fix this?

Jungle

• Contributor
  • VIP Member
  • Old Skull
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 13:45:11 »
that is not a solution because sometimes the EXE is launched from taskbar and in those cases, it takes no params.
See no problem. Create a shortcut with commandline param and pin it to taskbar.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 16:26:31 »
The user-defined command doesn't autorun. If i pass that param to executable it works but next time i run it normally that config doesn't remain… that is not a solution because sometimes the EXE is launched from taskbar and in those cases, it takes no params.

Will developers fix this?
Yes, you need to pass it every time you start MC, that the idea of AutoRun commands. :)
So create shortcut to MC and add the parameter to a shortcut and use that shortcut from all your places..

BUT be aware..  running in single panel mode is NOT recommended. You really need to understand that the other hidden panel is still there and you might do things inside the "hidden" panel without seeing it.