Author Topic: Bookmarks/Favorites Suggestion  (Read 5386 times)

GreyGoat

• View Profile
Bookmarks/Favorites Suggestion
« on: March 02, 2020, 23:52:21 »

This suggestion pertains to Bookmarks/Favorites.

I use Multi Commander and Explorer++ to manage files on my system. The only thing that keeps me from using Multi Commander exclusively is Explorer++’s implementation of Bookmarks.

I find their handling of Bookmarks preferable so I use it often…more than Multi Commander. I use five folders for about 90% of my work. I’m suggesting you make Bookmarks work in a similar fashion they do, namely make it a menu choice with folders beneath it when clicked upon. There is ample room on the menu line to add a choice for Bookmarks (or Favorites as you seem to prefer). Currently this is behind a star on the second line below the row of icons. Unless you know it is there (my wife also uses our system but she is not as willing to dig for details) it is not obvious the feature exists. A menu choice that says “Bookmarks” would make it obvious to even a casual user.

To me, adding and editing could be improved. Explorer++ pretty much has this right.

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: Bookmarks/Favorites Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 08:39:06 »
You can add shortcuts/favorites to the menu by creating simple small UserDefindCommands and place them in the menu

Having favorites behind the "star" icons is pretty common things. I think most users understand that.