Author Topic: [WTA] How to use Correct Folder Date/Time tool?  (Read 4275 times)

akrogun

• View Profile
[WTA] How to use Correct Folder Date/Time tool?
« on: May 31, 2021, 11:45:52 »
Hi...
Could anybody here help me how to use that tool properly?
In first screenshot, there are bunch of image files, and MC sort those properly. FYI, I sort those files by EXIF date taken.
In second screenshot, when I add new subfolder01, MC still can sort those files properly.
My problem is when I add a new subfolder02, as shown screenshot number 3, MC can't sort those files properly.
Please see the screenshot below.
How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Sorry for my bad english.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 11:48:45 by akrogun »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Re: [WTA] How to use Correct Folder Date/Time tool?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 16:38:46 »
The "Correct Folder Date/Time tool"  does exactly what it say.. It changes the date/time of FOLDERS. It does not change the date/time of files. and the folder will get the datetime of the latest folder/files in that folder.

The sorting error can't be related to the datetime for the sorting.
I'm not able to recreate that sorting error.. Does it happen always ?  If you do a refresh does it fix it self ?  Is it everywhere or only on some locations ?

akrogun

• View Profile
Re: [WTA] How to use Correct Folder Date/Time tool?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 04:50:46 »
Sorry for late reply....

I'm working on the folder that contains my family documentation images. It contains folders based on datetime family's holiday or events.

Yes. It happen always. Refresh didnot fix it. I'm not sure it happens only in that folder, because I work only on that folder and that parent's folder. And, yes, everytime I add a new subfolder (in that my family folder and/or subfolders), the sorting become error.

FYI, the sorting error only happens on EXIF datetime taken sort only, Standart Date sorting works fine.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 05:00:59 by akrogun »