Author Topic: Paste from Clipboard with Ctrl+V into the quick-Search Field should be possible  (Read 6426 times)

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Sometimes i need a quick jump to a file without filter. Then i use the quick search which should automatically enabled by pressing a letter. But i have to say, it should be possible when paste vrom clipboard without pressing the letter first. And when a path from clipboard not exist, MS should create it. I dont need the "Safe Clipboard"- Feature. How about removing this just?

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
Sometimes i need a quick jump to a file without filter. Then i use the quick search which should automatically enabled by pressing a letter. But i have to say, it should be possible when paste vrom clipboard without pressing the letter first. And when a path from clipboard not exist, MS should create it. I dont need the "Safe Clipboard"- Feature. How about removing this just?
"Safe clipboard"  not sure I understand what you mean

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
"Safe clipboard"  not sure I understand what you mean
When the content in the Clipboard is not a path, the paste will create a text file with the clipboard content. Yes, thats a nice shortcut for a new textfile, but better will be making shortcuts for any new files possible in the User Defined Commands.
If i have a filename without path in the clipboard, it dont jump to the file, it just want creating a new textfile with the filename inside. I find this is not good.

When a full path from clipboard pasted in a explorer panel and the file do not exist, it should just create this file, this will be a nice short way for creating new files.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 19:52:35 by Matthias515566 »

Mathias (Author)

• Administrator
  • VIP Member
    • View Profile
    • Multi Commander
try latest beta 2794+
if the text in clipboard matches a file/folder name in current location it changes focus to that item

I dont think it should create the file if not found, Think you get lots of empty files when you do not want But you can do that from the command line bar,.
type "cf " then paste the path and press enter..
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 07:44:36 by Mathias (Author) »

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Thank you very much, on Build 2794+ it works very well.

I have the command line disabled, i guess it's time to enable the command line again. :)