Author Topic: How to transfer multi-scripts  (Read 3270 times)

ajax

• View Profile
How to transfer multi-scripts
« on: July 15, 2023, 18:20:42 »
One of the things I like most about MC (multicommander) is the ability to create custom scripts.  I now have quite a few of them.  However, when I implement a new release of MC my scripts are gone.  This might have something to do with the fact that I prefer to use the portable versions of MC because this allows me to install and try the new version without making any change to the old ones that are working just fine.

It seems like there ought to be a simple way to transfer the scripts used in the prior (portable) versions of MC to the new one.  If such a capability exists I haven't been able to figure out how it works.  I have reviewed the documentation and even done some experimenting.

What is the simplest way to transfer (a lot) of custom scripts to a new installation of MC?

Matthias515566

• Power Member
    • View Profile
Re: How to transfer multi-scripts
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2023, 20:08:21 »
Copy the folder '....MultiCommander64\Config' from your old portable installation to your new portable installation. Ensure to replace all existing files. Make sure to close MC before starting this process.

ajax

• View Profile
Re: How to transfer multi-scripts
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 04:31:15 »
Haven't yet used it much but that looks like just what I was hoping to find out.

Many thanks!